Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Vibration from somewhere

Something not working right?

by bartonmd » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:11 pm

Stabilitrac will pulse brakes if you aren't on the brake pedal. If it does so, though, it should flash the light on the dash saying that it kicked in...

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by 06MidnightBlue » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Yes I can manually turn off stability control.

When the vibration is occurring, and I put my foot on the brake, there is quite a massive vibration.

What I will try doing is running it with stability control off. If there is no vibration then it will give me a place to start.
06MidnightBlue
Addict

Name: Jeff
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD

by 06MidnightBlue » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:12 pm

bartonmd wrote:Stabilitrac will pulse brakes if you aren't on the brake pedal. If it does so, though, it should flash the light on the dash saying that it kicked in...

Mike

Mike,

I have got some warning lights in the past for servicing the stability control system.

I thought it was just the steering wheel position sensor, as researching has proved it to be the problem.

Are there steps to diagnosing the Stability control system?
06MidnightBlue
Addict

Name: Jeff

by bartonmd » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:40 pm

No, I'm saying that when the system kicks in, there will be a Stabilitrac light flashing on the dash. If there isn't a light on when it's happening, it's likely not a sensor giving the module/BCM bad information. If it is the module pulsing and there is no flashing symbol on the dash, it's likely the module doing something wonky...

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by navigator » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:46 pm

my traction/stability control engages without hitting the brake.
When it does the light flashes a few times.

I can make it happen if I try to like fishtail on a dirt road.
It actually seems to engage kind of how I would expect a locker to, when it senses one wheel going faster than the others it seems to apply brake to some of the wheels. I tried to go into a muddy field one time before I knew to turn it of and it acted like it didn't want to go at all, kind of like I was hooked up to a huge trailer.

It works great if you are flying down some gravel roads as you can't really fishtail. I imagine it would be good on muddy/slick/icy roads where you occasionally lose traction as far as helping to prevent a skid but for normal offroading I think it will get you stuck!
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting