Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

In need of new tires

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by galio839 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:44 am

Hello everyone! Recently I bought a used 2006 tb which is not really in the best condition. But, you know, I got it really cheap, and I didn't have a lot of money to spend, so that's that. Now that I got it, it is clear to me that it will take at least $2000-$3000 to get this bad boy ready for the road. I've decided to take away from my "vacation fund" and put it all into this car, which is something I hope I won't regret.
So guys, what I really need right now are new tires. I will mostly be driving my tb off road, but sometimes I will just go around town, but that's not important. The main things I'd like from my tires is to be good off-road. A friend of mine suggested I'd take a look on HolmesTire, but I the website looks fishy to me, and I don't want to make a mistake and waste hard earned money. So I thought you guys would know best. Any replies are welcome. Thank you!
galio839
Cruiser

Name: George Smith
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu May 18, 2017 12:53 pm

I have bought my last 10 or 12 sets of wheels and tires through Discount Tire Direct. They mount and balance and ship to my door for cheaper than anywhere else. Plus they are about to have a huge sale for Memorial Day.

You should look into adapting to the 6x5.5 pattern rather than standard 6x on these trucks. You will need new wheel or spacers anyway to run bigger tires. Tons of options in 6x5.5 and more budget friendly.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by BC backroader » Thu May 18, 2017 1:15 pm

That website actually has a lot of good basic information. Most of the TB owners on this site use all terrain tires, as a compromise between on-road and off-road performance, but if you are really going to use your truck mostly off road, then choose the type of tire that best suits the conditions usually found in your area, which could be mud, sand, or rock, you'd know best what you'll be facing.
My build thread: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5844
BC backroader
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brad
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by CHEVELLE598BB » Thu May 18, 2017 8:17 pm

I usually get my tires from discount or Sams club. My last set I just bought I got from Tires-easy.com. Good price and cheap shipping. I got my tires in one day. That is probably due to living in DFW. There are about a million tire warehouse distributors here. They also come with a free road hazard warranty. I bought from them because discount and same didn't carry the tires I wanted.
CHEVELLE598BB

Name: Jay
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by galio839 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:53 pm

HARDTRAILZ wrote:I have bought my last 10 or 12 sets of wheels and tires through Discount Tire Direct. They mount and balance and ship to my door for cheaper than anywhere else. Plus they are about to have a huge sale for Memorial Day.

You should look into adapting to the 6x5.5 pattern rather than standard 6x on these trucks. You will need new wheel or spacers anyway to run bigger tires. Tons of options in 6x5.5 and more budget friendly.

Thank you for the thorough reply. I'll make sure to check out Discount Tire Direct! :)
galio839
Cruiser

by galio839 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:57 pm

BC backroader wrote:That website actually has a lot of good basic information. Most of the TB owners on this site use all terrain tires, as a compromise between on-road and off-road performance, but if you are really going to use your truck mostly off road, then choose the type of tire that best suits the conditions usually found in your area, which could be mud, sand, or rock, you'd know best what you'll be facing.

I don't know much about tires, that's why I came here. Ad I'm going to be facing a lot of mud, definitely. Not really much rock or sand. Thanks for the reply!
galio839
Cruiser

by galio839 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:58 pm

CHEVELLE598BB wrote:I usually get my tires from discount or Sams club. My last set I just bought I got from Tires-easy.com. Good price and cheap shipping. I got my tires in one day. That is probably due to living in DFW. There are about a million tire warehouse distributors here. They also come with a free road hazard warranty. I bought from them because discount and same didn't carry the tires I wanted.

Great thing that you mentioned the discount. I don't have such a large amount of money to spend to be honest. Thank you very much for the reply!
galio839
Cruiser

by galio839 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:05 am

In the end I have bought some tires from Discount Tire Direct. Thanks to everyone for their replies!
galio839
Cruiser

by Marek » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:55 am

what tires would you recommend for winter? It's almost time to change them, but I still can't decide which brand to choose..
Marek

Name: Marek
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD

by JAYDEE10 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:58 am

I also need new tires this information is very helpful. I will look at the suggested websites. I will try Tires-easy.com and get back to let you know how the experience was.
JAYDEE10

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2003
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to Wheels / Tires