Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

New member from PA checking in

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by boostmg » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:30 am

Hey guys glad to be on here. Picked up this Saab 97x 5.3 and I really like it. Previous owner did a lot of work to it and recommended me to this site.

It has:
- Bilstein 5100s
- Hotchkis rear sway bar
- SSR BMR trailing arms?
- Z71 tahoe rear springs
- front springs are currently stock but bilstein 5100s are on top perch
- 1.5 wheel spacers from amazon FAS Motorsports
- 275/65/18 toyo AT 10ply tires
- magnaflow resonator

What i want to do with it is level it out at like 2.5", make exhaust a little quieter, and remove wheel spacers - to pass PA inspections - i'll need help with that.

Here are the parts I have & what i want to do
- Owner was going to put new moog springs on the front - not sure which model # i can look if its there
- he was going to put Trailblazer EXT rear springs with Supreme spacer. I bought Moog 81051 for rear and 1.5" delrin supreme spacers - hoping this gets me to 2.5" lift
- Owner also said he was going to put on a TB front sway bar with new bushings
- I want to find a wheel i can put on this vehicle. I work for an auto distributor .. i can get Grid wheels custom drilled .. they would be 18x9 though. So i'm trying to figure out backspacing needed to replace my 1.5 wheel spacers. From my calculattion 0 offset may do it, but then the grid wheel is 1" wider than the stock ones. So i could do -12 offset but it may stick out past my fenders too much whihc PA inspections do not want.

Hopefully i can get it all dialed in!

boostmg

Name: Paul
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: AWD

by Diacom » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:49 am

Nice looking Aero. Hit up the Facebook group to get quicker answers. Otherwise it's read, read and read some more to find the answers you are looking for.

Good Luck.
Diacom
Addict

Name: Noel
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"