Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Hello everyone!

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by enricowave » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:58 am

Hello,
my name is Enrico, I'm italian, but living in Puerto Vallarta, México from 2014.
I have a Trailblazer LT 4wd and I love it!!
Thank you for accept me in this amazing group!
Ciao!
Enrico
enricowave

Name: Enrico Marcaccini
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by DirtyBacon04 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:48 am

Welcome!
While the forum isn't all that active these days (damn facebook), there is a ton of archived information on here!
What you got planned for your rig?
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
Current Count of Transmission Rebuilds: 5.5
***The more you know, the less you need.***
USMC '07-'12
Dirty Bacon's Build
DirtyBacon04

Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by enricowave » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:45 pm

Hello DirtyBacon04,
I live in Mexico Puerto Vallarta. I have a Chevy Trailblazer 2002 4wd LT
I just mounted new springs and new suspensions (all stock) and my front and
back are now leveled: no difference between front and rear (approximately
34" front and 34" rear)
I want to know if after installing a lift kit front and rear (3" and 3") I
need to make modifications to some part of my car related to this
(suspensions, other parts...etc). For example if can be recommended to swap
the upper control arms at 3" as well. (Swapping side to side and flipping
upside down, to restore the ball joint angle and allow alignment).
Which kit do you recommend to me for not have problems with my car and no
make other modifications??? (I want to lift my car without other added
works...)
3+3 can be too much or can be good???
It's better to mount 2" + 2" Rough Country lift kit? Or 2.5" + 2.5" ??
And, at the end, with the lift you recommend to me, which tyre can be good
without rubbing issues (now I have 245/75 R16). I just read 265/75 R16 can be good, I like Good Year Wrangler or Cooper Defenderer.
Obviously with a 1,5" spacers.
Please help me...I love the TB of ConradM and maybe he can help me to have his same
result...
Thank you very much!
Enrico
enricowave

by DirtyBacon04 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:10 pm

Wow!
Looks like you've already done a ton a research! Love that. The biggest "mod" after the lift, aside from an alignment, is the flipping/swapping of the upper control arms. The other thing you can do is take the stock boot clamp off CV shaft, inner most boot and replace it with a hose clamp. With the increased angle, the factory boot clamps tend to pop off pretty quickly and sling grease everywhere. Otherwise, just keep a mental note that once lifted, everything suspension related is going to wear out much faster. Areas to keep an eye on will be ball joint boots, control arm bushings, front differential outboard seal, CV shaft boots, and upper strut mount bushings.

As far as what kit to recommend, I dont even know what available anymore. I first lifted my truck over 10 years ago. I first started with the BDS 2" front paired with 89s and rear 2" paired with Tahoe Z71 springs. Then changed the front to the RadFlo adjustable coilovers (one-time production run, can only get a used pair from a member here willing to sell). Important thing to consider for your front lift is to avoid the "death lift" (outside-the-strut lift spacers that don't require disassembly of the strut). The lift spacers should go between the spring and the upper mount. There's a ton of discussion on the forum and FB groups about the geometry of it.

As far as tires go, the 265/75/16 is a good 32" tire which won't put excessive strain on drivetrain and require little, if any trimming. If your gear ratio is 3.42, I wouldn't go up to a 285/75/16 (33") unless you regeared and/or added an auxiliary transmission cooler. My favorite tire is the BFGoodrich AT KO2s.

Keep up the good work! Hopefully Conrad will see this and chime in!

Happy trails!
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
Current Count of Transmission Rebuilds: 5.5
***The more you know, the less you need.***
USMC '07-'12
Dirty Bacon's Build
DirtyBacon04

Name: Michael
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by enricowave » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:53 am

DirtyBacon04 wrote:Wow!
Looks like you've already done a ton a research! Love that. The biggest "mod" after the lift, aside from an alignment, is the flipping/swapping of the upper control arms. The other thing you can do is take the stock boot clamp off CV shaft, inner most boot and replace it with a hose clamp. With the increased angle, the factory boot clamps tend to pop off pretty quickly and sling grease everywhere. Otherwise, just keep a mental note that once lifted, everything suspension related is going to wear out much faster. Areas to keep an eye on will be ball joint boots, control arm bushings, front differential outboard seal, CV shaft boots, and upper strut mount bushings.

As far as what kit to recommend, I dont even know what available anymore. I first lifted my truck over 10 years ago. I first started with the BDS 2" front paired with 89s and rear 2" paired with Tahoe Z71 springs. Then changed the front to the RadFlo adjustable coilovers (one-time production run, can only get a used pair from a member here willing to sell). Important thing to consider for your front lift is to avoid the "death lift" (outside-the-strut lift spacers that don't require disassembly of the strut). The lift spacers should go between the spring and the upper mount. There's a ton of discussion on the forum and FB groups about the geometry of it.

As far as tires go, the 265/75/16 is a good 32" tire which won't put excessive strain on drivetrain and require little, if any trimming. If your gear ratio is 3.42, I wouldn't go up to a 285/75/16 (33") unless you regeared and/or added an auxiliary transmission cooler. My favorite tire is the BFGoodrich AT KO2s.

Keep up the good work! Hopefully Conrad will see this and chime in!

Happy trails!

Thank you very much!
It's not all clear for me (I'm a newbie...) but I hope my mechanic can be useful and help me!
Ciao!
Enrico
enricowave

by flyboy2610 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:29 pm

I'm going to assume you plan to take your TB off-road. One more thing I would strongly consider adding is limit straps on the front. A limit strap is a piece of heavy duty nylon webbing, much like the material a ratchet strap is made from. What it does it to keep your front suspension from dropping down too far and possibly allowing the inner CV joint to pop out of the ball socket, because
End Well, this will not.jpg
End Well, this will not.jpg (9.07 KiB) Viewed 15965 times

There are a lot of good videos on YouTube about choosing and installing them.
Welcome to the site!
"Never put passion before principle. Even if win, you lose." Mr. Miyagi
I don't suffer from insanity. I'm enjoying every minute of it!
flyboy2610
Cruiser

Name: John
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by enricowave » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:35 pm

flyboy2610 wrote:I'm going to assume you plan to take your TB off-road. One more thing I would strongly consider adding is limit straps on the front. A limit strap is a piece of heavy duty nylon webbing, much like the material a ratchet strap is made from. What it does it to keep your front suspension from dropping down too far and possibly allowing the inner CV joint to pop out of the ball socket, because
End Well, this will not.jpg

There are a lot of good videos on YouTube about choosing and installing them.
Welcome to the site!

Thank you flyboy2610!
No, I don't plan to take my TB off-road, I only want to give it a new look, so lift, tyres, new body and wheel rims color. I love my car and between the choice to change car or give it a new look (the engine is new: 2 years old, new transmission 4 years old, new swings and suspensions 1 month, etc), I decided for the second one.
The body color will be the Toyota Tacoma Sand and the rims black.
Your suggestion will be useful anyway, because here in México the roads are full of holes...it seems the moon...
Ciao!!
enricowave

by SmartMusician » Sun May 28, 2023 9:54 am

enricowave wrote:Hello,
my name is Enrico, I'm italian, but living in Puerto Vallarta, México from 2014.
I have best phentermine over the counter Trailblazer LT 4wd and I love it!!
Thank you for accept me in this amazing group!
Ciao!
Enrico

Hello to you and everyone in the forum.
I am Martin from Boston.
SmartMusician

Name: Martin
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"