Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

New to ORTB. Trailblazer ext lift/wheels?

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by Zuber505 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:05 pm

Long time "viewer" first time poster. Love the group. I have a 2004 TB EXT with the 5.3 4x4. Looking to fix the rake in the front, and make it level and more presentable. I know there are plenty of different lifts, like rough country and Marks. Which do you guys prefer, and how many of you are satisfied with the 2 inch leveled look? I off-road on occasion, no rock and mud riding, just dirt trails. I cant justify a skyjacker, I'm really just trying to make it level, and fit a bigger tire under there ( nothing huge )Thanks guys. Mark

P.S. Pictures of your TB EXT GREATLY appreciated for motivation
Zuber505

Name: Mark
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD

by med71 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:02 am

I was just posting and looked at a couple of the new member posts. I noticed that you didn't get a response so I thought I would send my experience on the two I did. Mine aren't EXTs, but I just did a '03 Envoy and a '09 Envoy. My '09 is an SLT daily driver with 75K miles. It has the Rough Country kit with Cooper AT3 265/60/18s (30.5). I think this is perfect for a daily driver. It didn't need any other modification and it feels like a factory vehicle (depending on your miles your springs might need to be replaced so you will have choices there.) My '03 is for offroad (adventure vehicle), and I did the Rough Country kit plus the MOOG '14/'69 spring combo Lift 3" front and 2" rear with 265/70/17s (UCA flip, new upper ball joints, and 1.5 spacers) I'm not sure I would do this max suspension lift to a daily driver, but I don't have any miles on the '03 to have an experienced opinion. I do think the '09 with the 2" level is a perfect balance for daily driving. As I mentioned in my recent post; pics coming soon when I get the tires on it.
med71
Cruiser

Name: Mark
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by vernk » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:03 pm

Hey Mark
I just picked up an 03 ext
I’m interested in a similar modest lift with road and trail worthy tires as well. Same, trail not a rock climber. Something to get me and three family off the beaten path more than our highlander could offer. I’d be interested what your research provides to lift your ext, I may have to copy!

I’m definitely leaning down up front so more lift is definitely needed there than in the rear.
Best!
Vern
vernk

Name: Vern
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"