Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Shockwarehouse Happy To Announce Presence on OffroadTB

Products offered by our vendor: Shockguys

Moderator: Shockguys

Forum rules
All posts in this section pertain to our vendor:

by Shockguys » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:20 pm

Shockwarehouse is happy to announce that we have agreed with the owners of OffroadTB.com to offer all members 5% off any order along with the free shipping we offer to all customers. Shockwarehouse is a full line dealer of Bilstein, Airlift, Rancho, KYB and Monroe and we also sell Edelbrock suspension parts.

Use the discount code "offroadtb5" for 5% off your order.

We have a lot of parts for stock suspension height Trailblazers and Envoys, you can see examples here:
http://www.shockwarehouse.com/index.cfm ... _year=2006

There aren't shocks made specifically for lifted trailblazers and Envoys right now by any of the companies we work with, so what are you guys using with your lifts? If you can get us part numbers or dimensions on the shocks you're all using, we can post up pictures and prices to make things easier for other members.

Shockwarehouse
1-866-377-7396
forums@shockwarehouse.com

3433 NE 12 Terrace
Oakland Park FL, 33334
Last edited by Shockguys on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shockguys
Vendor

Name: Shockwarehouse
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Trail X » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:37 pm

Glad to have you guys!

You will find that many of us lifted guys are using BDS or Rancho "white body" shocks in the rear.

The Bilstein HDs that you offer seem to be the #1 option in front.

Is there a special code we need to get the 5% discount?
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Gordinho80 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:34 pm

Welcome to the site! Now let's find an upgrade for our front shocks... something a little longer... LOL.
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

Name: Mario Almeida

by Shockguys » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:56 pm

JamesDowning wrote:Glad to have you guys!

You will find that many of us lifted guys are using BDS or Rancho "white body" shocks in the rear.

Thanks for pointing that out, I totally forgot to include the code! It has been added to the first post now.

Does anyone have the part number from Rancho?
Shockguys
Vendor

Name: Shockwarehouse

by TangoBravo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:59 pm

JamesDowning wrote:Glad to have you guys!

offroadtb5 is the code
Scouts Out, Carbon County Search and Rescue/Carbon County volunteer firefighter.

Ams oil products bumper to bumper, Treadwright Guard Dogs, 3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift 1.5" spacers, swaybar trashcan mod, quad headlight mod
TangoBravo
Addict

Name: Robert
Vehicle Year: 2004

by Zero » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:11 pm

awesome news! and a great friend to have.
Zero
Veteran

Name: Brendan
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by TangoBravo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:17 pm

For my lifted TB I run BDS#55619 the BDS Gas shocks part number is #95619 and will aslo work with a lifted TB.
Scouts Out, Carbon County Search and Rescue/Carbon County volunteer firefighter.

Ams oil products bumper to bumper, Treadwright Guard Dogs, 3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift 1.5" spacers, swaybar trashcan mod, quad headlight mod
TangoBravo
Addict

by Trail X » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:00 pm

I beleive Rancho RS5274 has been used by some.

I believe only speculation so far says that RS5112 and RS5126 are nearly identical to the BDS shock. Not sure if anyone has used them yet.

I am not sure, but they probably will require a slightly longer lower bolt sleeve. So far we generally just use extra washers to space the shock rubber out properly.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing

by fishsticks » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:19 am

4" lift rear shocks from coil sprung Tahoes will work with just a few hardware store items. I believe that particular shock also fits about 38000 other models of truck as well. Certain year Silverados and all years of the Nissan Titan come to mind...
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny

by chevycrew » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:19 am

Although I appreciate the sponsor, and discount.

Shouldnt it be the other way around?

With the specs from a stock trailblazer, wouldnt it be possible for shockwarehouse to be telling us what will work with a 2" or 4" lift or so on?
chevycrew
Veteran

Name: Steve
Vehicle Year: 2002

by AD-Denali » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:00 am

i have been trying to reach you guys (shockwarehouse) while i was moding my Voy, but always had the server not found (Firefox can't find the server at www.shockwarehouse.com.) and the same thing now

you guys might want to check with your web master whats going on??
AD-Denali

Name: Moe
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by navigator » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:14 am

AD, your link works for me.
Try clearing out your FF history,(Ctrl+Shift+Del) you might be caching the dead page.

If that doesn't work try another browser.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris

by AD-Denali » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:52 am

navigator wrote:AD, your link works for me.
Try clearing out your FF history,(Ctrl+Shift+Del) you might be caching the dead page.

If that doesn't work try another browser.

copy that Navigator, Thank you
AD-Denali

Name: Moe
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by DirtyBacon04 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:01 am

Just had myself a horrible experience with ShockWarehouse. On a scale of 1-10, i'll rate thier customer service at a "SUCK". :finger: Or lack there of might be more appropriate. They sent my order in 2 different packages, and only gave me 1 tracking number. When I e-mailed them inquiring about my half an order (aug 24), i never recieved a response. Even though they pride themselves on returning e-mails same or next day. 2 day later i sent another one. Still to this day, no response. Via long talks with UPS and the mail room on base, i finally discovered where my package was. I picked it up from the UPS warehouse about 20 min before it went on the truck to go back to shipper.
Decent prices, awesome that we get a whopping 5% discount on thier 40% marked up merch, but the customer service all around sucked. Would rather deal with ORW or 4WheelParts... at least then i know where to go when i need to punch someone in the neck

:slap: :finger:
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
Current Count of Transmission Rebuilds: 5.5
***The more you know, the less you need.***
USMC '07-'12
Dirty Bacon's Build
DirtyBacon04

Name: Michael

by fishsticks » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:28 am

Hitmanofheaven wrote:Just had myself a horrible experience with ShockWarehouse. On a scale of 1-10, i'll rate thier customer service at a "SUCK". :finger: Or lack there of might be more appropriate. They sent my order in 2 different packages, and only gave me 1 tracking number. When I e-mailed them inquiring about my half an order (aug 24), i never recieved a response. Even though they pride themselves on returning e-mails same or next day. 2 day later i sent another one. Still to this day, no response. Via long talks with UPS and the mail room on base, i finally discovered where my package was. I picked it up from the UPS warehouse about 20 min before it went on the truck to go back to shipper.
Decent prices, awesome that we get a whopping 5% discount on thier 40% marked up merch, but the customer service all around sucked. Would rather deal with ORW or 4WheelParts... at least then i know where to go when i need to punch someone in the neck

Sounds more like a UPS/receiving issue to me. I receive multi-package shipments all the time under one tracking number.

I never expect much from online vendors except for low prices. SW had the lowest price on Bilsteins at the time. Don't know if that's still the case.
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny

by DirtyBacon04 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:50 pm

Mostly upset with them because of their lack of customer service. Still haven't recieved a response from them.
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
Current Count of Transmission Rebuilds: 5.5
***The more you know, the less you need.***
USMC '07-'12
Dirty Bacon's Build
DirtyBacon04

Name: Michael

by bgwolfpack » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:32 pm

Hitmanofheaven wrote:Mostly upset with them because of their lack of customer service. Still haven't recieved a response from them.
Over three weeks and still you are waiting for them to contact you? You may need to adapt your way of thinking. :wallbash:
bgwolfpack
Veteran

Name: Randy

by tbangert » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:50 pm

I had excellent service with SW, quick shipping and prompt responses when I had to deal with them.
MarcMC - Bilstien - BDS - WheelAdapters - Treadwright - K&N - Gibson - Hayden - Zone
My Build Thread
tbangert
Off-Roader

Name: Tyler

by TangoBravo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:41 am

DirtyBacon04 wrote:Just had myself a horrible experience with ShockWarehouse. On a scale of 1-10, i'll rate thier customer service at a "SUCK". :finger: Or lack there of might be more appropriate. They sent my order in 2 different packages, and only gave me 1 tracking number. When I e-mailed them inquiring about my half an order (aug 24), i never recieved a response. Even though they pride themselves on returning e-mails same or next day. 2 day later i sent another one. Still to this day, no response. Via long talks with UPS and the mail room on base, i finally discovered where my package was. I picked it up from the UPS warehouse about 20 min before it went on the truck to go back to shipper.

Thought I would give em a shot, but after looking around on the net I found 5 reviews about the company and all 5 were very bad reviews. The BBB also has them rated an F, they seem to have very terrible customer service. From the reviews I read when the customer would call in the people wouldn't even know the basic things about there products. I would gladly pay more for better customer service.

TangoBravo
Addict

by nvrs » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:33 pm

yeah, wish I would have read this thread before placing an order and waiting two weeks before no response and no callback. VERY POOR customer service or should I say lack of it altogether... I finally sent them an email stating to cancel my order, and that I will dispute all charges to my credit card... I'll post again if they decide to charge my card and actually ship the items anyway after I asked to cancel.
nvrs
Cruiser

Name: Lonny
Vehicle Year: 2003

Next

Return to Shock Warehouse