Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Planning: TECORE V

Trips/trails in the eastern part of the U.S. (loosely follows the Eastern Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by steveroche » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:54 am

I wish I could go guys but Unfortunately with school and work I won't be able to take off the time and save up the cash...
steveroche
Addict

Name: Steve Roche
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:27 am

Does kinda suck. Reminds me of the thread about not getting moneys worth for mods. Takes dedication and sacrafice to do these trips and use what you built. It is not thrilling for my wife to have me gone, it about kills the time off i have saved all summer, it costs money, but it is the best opportunity to wheel w members. So I make it happen.

Hats off to James for doing this virtually back to back w his big trip. Thats dedication.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Regulator1175 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:48 am

HARDTRAILZ wrote:I dislike fast. I can do gravel roads here. Not offroading to me, but I can do whatever. I like the tight 4-lo trails up to the scenic views.

:Iagree:

HARDTRAILZ wrote:Dictum could be skipped to explore more area unless someone wants to go all the way down it with me. Not sure full trip up is possible without winching, but we could do that too.

You know I will follow you anywhere you want to go Kyle. :drive:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

Name: Matthew McClelland
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by bartonmd » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:49 am

Exactly, Kyle!

Money is short everywhere, and it would be more of a stretch for Matt, Kyle, myself, and my friend Kevin to all bring our own wheeling vehicles on the 1000 mile round trip... So, Kevin and I are sharing costs with Matt and Kyle, so we can all come...

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007

by janesy86 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:04 pm

I would of loved to get in on this again this year, had a blast last year! Just have no vaca days left and the weekend chosen doesn't work anyway... Hopefully there are more of these planned in the future! Have fun guys!
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes

by NC_IslandRunner » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:34 pm

janesy86 wrote:I would of loved to get in on this again this year, had a blast last year! Just have no vaca days left and the weekend chosen doesn't work anyway... Hopefully there are more of these planned in the future! Have fun guys!

Work! how you gonna work when you are "sick" that weekend... :idea:
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
NC_IslandRunner

Name: Rory
Vehicle Year: 2004

by janesy86 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:44 pm

NC_IslandRunner wrote:
janesy86 wrote:I would of loved to get in on this again this year, had a blast last year! Just have no vaca days left and the weekend chosen doesn't work anyway... Hopefully there are more of these planned in the future! Have fun guys!

Work! how you gonna work when you are "sick" that weekend... :idea:

haha, if I had sick days I would take one, but we don't have them, wierd setup for days off...

And wouldn't matter, that weekend doesn't work for me... :wallbash: Definitely bummed.
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes

by NC_IslandRunner » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Cool man, next time! :cheers:
NC_IslandRunner

by NC_IslandRunner » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:42 pm

Only a week left! anyone else ready to go? Ready to be moved to the Definite list? Lets get the number going up! :excited:
JamesDowning wrote:Is this where we currently stand? Amazing we can't get a better turnout for these things...

Definitely:

Rory (NC_IslandRunner)
Hardtrailz (with Barton riding along)
Regulator1175 (with Barton's friend Kevin riding along)
James AKA The ORTB Godfather(JamesDowning)

Tentatively:

Ben(Nakashige)
Bob(MrSmithsTB)
Joe(bigezzyk)

No:
Mario(Gordinho80)
Ryan(rjoog1989)
Last edited by NC_IslandRunner on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
NC_IslandRunner

by HARDTRAILZ » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:22 pm

Of course the new water pump seems to leak and the pass side cv boot has a random hole tossing out grease. Was fine last week but apparently the one trip to work this week took it out.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
HARDTRAILZ

by bartonmd » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:34 pm

HARDTRAILZ wrote:Of course the new water pump seems to leak and the pass side cv boot has a random hole tossing out grease. Was fine last week but apparently the one trip to work this week took it out.

I've got to do a couple rad skids and an oil pan skid for this week, but I'm pretty free tomorrow if you need help... Here is likely better for working on stuff...

Mike
bartonmd

by Trail X » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:27 pm

As long as I can get friday off, I'm good to go. If I can't get it off, I'll just meet you guys at the campsite or something.

Just rewired my rear battery (it wasn't getting enough juice) and re-ran my trans cooler soft lines... one had a slow leak.

Looking forward to it!

Another person to add to the 'tentative' list is Dirty Anton. He PMed me saying he was trying to get off work.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005

by NC_IslandRunner » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:58 pm

Definitely: :D

Rory (NC_IslandRunner)
Hardtrailz (with Barton riding along)
Regulator1175 (with Barton's friend Kevin riding along)
James AKA The ORTB Godfather(JamesDowning)

Tentatively: :|

Ben(Nakashige)
Bob(MrSmithsTB)
Joe(bigezzyk)
mike bossier(dirty anton)

No: :(
Mario(Gordinho80)
Ryan(rjoog1989)[/quote][/quote]
NC_IslandRunner

by Nakashige » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:55 pm

Fighting for the weekend off but it doesnt look good. Thursday 5pm to 1 am Friday 5pm to 3 am trying to get it off and the truck fixed cv axle ball joints and lower control bushings
Nakashige
Vendor

Name: Ben Caesar
Vehicle Year: 2003
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Regulator1175 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:36 am

I am almost finished getting the truck packed and ready. I just need to finish putting the new roof rack cross bars together and get the high lift and axe / shovel mounted a bit more securely. I have been having issues starting my truck in the mornings lately, and finally took it in to Advance to get the battery checked today. Sure enough my battery is dieing and in need of replacement. It was reading at 560 CCA. They had an Optima that after the warranty adjustment, and my discount, will get cost me about $130. All in all not to bad for a decent battery. Unfortunately I don't have the extra cash to replace it right now and still make the trip, so I may be relying on someone to hook my jumper cables up to in the mornings.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

Name: Matthew McClelland
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by NC_IslandRunner » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:05 am

Regulator1175 wrote:I am almost finished getting the truck packed and ready. I just need to finish putting the new roof rack cross bars together and get the high lift and axe / shovel mounted a bit more securely. I have been having issues starting my truck in the mornings lately, and finally took it in to Advance to get the battery checked today. Sure enough my battery is dieing and in need of replacement. It was reading at 560 CCA. They had an Optima that after the warranty adjustment, and my discount, will get cost me about $130. All in all not to bad for a decent battery. Unfortunately I don't have the extra cash to replace it right now and still make the trip, so I may be relying on someone to hook my jumper cables up to in the mornings.

It's always right before trips that things go wrong; Hot water heater tried to derail me, Got it replaced and putting in new floor next weds after tecore. I think we can give you a jump, glad you can still make it. :cheers:
NC_IslandRunner

by bartonmd » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:02 am

Regulator1175 wrote:I am almost finished getting the truck packed and ready. I just need to finish putting the new roof rack cross bars together and get the high lift and axe / shovel mounted a bit more securely. I have been having issues starting my truck in the mornings lately, and finally took it in to Advance to get the battery checked today. Sure enough my battery is dieing and in need of replacement. It was reading at 560 CCA. They had an Optima that after the warranty adjustment, and my discount, will get cost me about $130. All in all not to bad for a decent battery. Unfortunately I don't have the extra cash to replace it right now and still make the trip, so I may be relying on someone to hook my jumper cables up to in the mornings.

I'll bring the OEM battery from my TB over to Kevin's, and you can throw it in... It was good when I pulled it 8 months ago, and I've been charging it every couple weeks since then... Just pulled a couple cars up onto the trailer with it last week, and recharged it... Also cranked the neighbor's Saturn for like 15 minutes with it on jumper cables (then recharged it) Seems fine, still... I'll take it tonight or tomorrow and get it tested...

Mike
bartonmd

by Trail X » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:14 am

My brakes just started making noise. Gonna wait on those though. I have at least another few weeks in them. Yall are just going to have to deal with the noise on the trail.

Did we ever decide a time on Friday?
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005

by bartonmd » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:15 am

JamesDowning wrote:My brakes just started making noise. Gonna wait on those though. I have at least another few weeks in them. Yall are just going to have to deal with the noise on the trail.

Did we ever decide a time on Friday?

The standard noon-ish, I thought...

Mike
bartonmd

by HARDTRAILZ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:26 am

We can trim your wear tabs to stop the noise.
HARDTRAILZ

PreviousNext

Return to Eastern U.S.