Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Rear Control Arms!

Products offered by our vendor: gotricebih

Moderator: gotricebih

Forum rules
All posts in this section pertain to our vendor:

by tbangert » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:40 pm

This may sound noobish, since my tb is the first truck thing I've owned, will the drive shaft be fine? Pushing the axle down then back in my head would make a longer stretch for the drive shaft. How much wiggle room is there before a longer drive shaft would be needed
MarcMC - Bilstien - BDS - WheelAdapters - Treadwright - K&N - Gibson - Hayden - Zone
My Build Thread
tbangert
Off-Roader

Name: Tyler
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by janesy86 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:07 pm

I'm pretty sure I remember from a previous thread that we are OK to move it back an 1" or so...

But not definate.
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by MrSmithsTB » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:56 pm

It has 4" before it drops out. I think 1.5"-2" is about as much play as we have before getting an EXT shaft to cut down.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

Name: Bob
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by gotricebih » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:31 pm

Yeah I'm pretty sure it won't affect the drive shaft either.

I'm going to test a set on my truck before I sell any. JUst to make sure everything is fine.
gotricebih
Off-Road Vendor

DriveTrain: 2WD

by The Roadie » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:42 pm

In the stock position, the driveshaft is fully pushed into the transfer case tailpiece and the splined slip joint is as far forward as it can be. It's over 2" (maybe 2.5") deep, as you can all see if you've been regularly lubing your slip joint. (Another thing to do every 50K or so.) Lubing here is the cure for the subtle "feeling of being bumped when stopped" syndrome.

The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by gotricebih » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:31 pm

how does $250 for a full set sound to all you guys?
gotricebih
Off-Road Vendor

by The Roadie » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:44 pm

Not at all out of line.
The Roadie
Founder

by irishboy02 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:38 pm

Sounds pretty damn good to me!

Now with the driveshaft length. As we flex, theres no risk of it walking out? I understand we have 4" of play, but if we cut that in half and then flex on top of that wont that put us on the edge? I could be wrong thats why im asking
Gettin' Dirrty in Jersey :flex dirty:

2003 GMC Sierra z71
7" FTS lift
35x12.5 Toyo MT on 18x9 MotoMetal 962
irishboy02
Addict

Name: Brendan
Vehicle Year: 2005

by gotricebih » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:59 pm

I honestly don't seeing that being a problem at all. I won't know for sure until I test it myself.

Would anybody with a 4wd be willing to test a set out? To see if there is any driveshaft issues?

I have a 2wd And I really won't see any major off roading or flexing. I will trade a full set for a 2.5" rear lift. Spacers or springs.

Let me know.
gotricebih
Off-Road Vendor

by Regulator1175 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:12 pm

gotricebih wrote:I honestly don't seeing that being a problem at all. I won't know for sure until I test it myself.

Would anybody with a 4wd be willing to test a set out? To see if there is any driveshaft issues?

I have a 2wd And I really won't see any major off roading or flexing. I will trade a full set for a 2.5" rear lift. Spacers or springs.

Let me know.

I just talked to Kyle (Hardtrailz), he is out of town for the weekend wheeling, but I knew he would be interested. He has a set of rear spacers, and will be willing to trade for them as well as be your 4x4 tester. I am sure anyone that has wheeled with him will agree that he will certainly put them to the test!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

Name: Matthew McClelland
Vehicle Year: 2002

by gotricebih » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:16 pm

Okay cool. Tell him to PM me when he gets a chance and we will work this out.

Regulator1175 wrote:
gotricebih wrote:I honestly don't seeing that being a problem at all. I won't know for sure until I test it myself.

Let me know.

I just talked to Kyle (Hardtrailz), he is out of town for the weekend wheeling, but I knew he would be interested. He has a set of rear spacers, and will be willing to trade for them as well as be your 4x4 tester. I am sure anyone that has wheeled with him will agree that he will certainly put them to the test!
gotricebih
Off-Road Vendor

by midnight » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:24 pm

Here is my view.

As we lift the tb it pulls the axle forward. But as we load the axle during wheeling or pulling a trailer it will lower the rear and then bring the axle back in line. If we extend the arms would that put the axle to the back of the wheel well? Am I wrong. Lord knows I have been before.
midnight
Off-Roader

Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by Regulator1175 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:12 am

gotricebih wrote:Okay cool. Tell him to PM me when he gets a chance and we will work this out.

Will do, whats your time frame? It sounds like your not ready to put a set in the mail tomorrow, but I just wanted to ask and make sure. He will be back in town on Monday, so I am sure he will make contact then.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

by The Roadie » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:08 am

Measure the clearance both sides of the tire when it's compressed up to the bump stop and you'll know what your setback target should be.
The Roadie
Founder

by gotricebih » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:22 am

I should be able to make a set next week. When he gets in touch with me we will work it all out.

Regulator1175 wrote:
gotricebih wrote:Okay cool. Tell him to PM me when he gets a chance and we will work this out.

Will do, whats your time frame? It sounds like your not ready to put a set in the mail tomorrow, but I just wanted to ask and make sure. He will be back in town on Monday, so I am sure he will make contact then.
gotricebih
Off-Road Vendor

by glfredrick » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:22 pm

Time to comp cut the rear fenders and push that axle back about 6". :viking:
http://www.UCORA.org == The United Christian Off-Road Alliance, a family friendly place
2003 Trailblazer = got groceries?
1995 Dodge RAM 2500 w/Cummins = got tow rig?
1986-90 Ford Ranger truggy = got rock?
glfredrick
Contributing Author

Name: Guy
Vehicle Year: 2003

by Regulator1175 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:29 am

gotricebih wrote:I should be able to make a set next week. When he gets in touch with me we will work it all out.

The timing couldn't be any better. Kyle called me earlier today, it sounds like he bent the hell out of one of the control arms while wheeling this weekend. He wanted me to ask how fast you could possibly get them produced and shipped? I think he is concerned with leaving Thursday night for Carlisle with what he has on now.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

by gotricebih » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:12 pm

I will make a set as soon as possible. He needs them by this coming Thursday?

Regulator1175 wrote:
gotricebih wrote:I should be able to make a set next week. When he gets in touch with me we will work it all out.

The timing couldn't be any better. Kyle called me earlier today, it sounds like he bent the hell out of one of the control arms while wheeling this weekend. He wanted me to ask how fast you could possibly get them produced and shipped? I think he is concerned with leaving Thursday night for Carlisle with what he has on now.
gotricebih
Off-Road Vendor

by Regulator1175 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:47 am

gotricebih wrote:I will make a set as soon as possible. He needs them by this coming Thursday?

If possible. I know he is making the trip either way, but a 1000 miles on the truck would be better with the new Control Arms. Plus he would be able to show them off at Carlisle to a bunch of our club membership.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

by SteveTB03 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:01 am

Hey gotricebih I believe you said the price would be 200$ or 250$ (can't remember for sure) for a set if you make these and they are nice quality (like I presume they are) I will 100% buy a set from you so let me know when they come out because you got a sale from me.
Go Big & Go Broke
SteveTB03
Addict

Name: Steve Darras
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

PreviousNext

Return to GR Fabrication