Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Few issues with my 06 denali voy

Something not working right?

by 06denaliman » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:03 pm

Well i have 2 issues at the moment. First i have a scraping/ rubbing noise since i did my brakes and rotors all 4 corners. Ive jacked up each wheel and didnt hear anything obvious when spinning them. Brakes function fine and i even took wheel i though it was back apart and nothing. It also make noise when turning right. Nothing is obvious and cant figure it out. My second issue is my ac was working perfectly. Now itll be cold for like 15 seconds then its warm air blowing out. Where do i start with this. Here in md its the hottest days of the year and i cant be driving my kids around with no ac at moment. Where do i start? Sorry for the long drawn out post just very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06denaliman

Name: Justin
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Xavierny25 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:47 pm

06denaliman wrote:Well i have 2 issues at the moment. First i have a scraping/ rubbing noise since i did my brakes and rotors all 4 corners. Ive jacked up each wheel and didnt hear anything obvious when spinning them. Brakes function fine and i even took wheel i though it was back apart and nothing. It also make noise when turning right. Nothing is obvious and cant figure it out. My second issue is my ac was working perfectly. Now itll be cold for like 15 seconds then its warm air blowing out. Where do i start with this. Here in md its the hottest days of the year and i cant be driving my kids around with no ac at moment. Where do i start? Sorry for the long drawn out post just very frustrating.

Did you check the slide pins to make sure there moving freely? You said you did the brakes but how do the rotors look and feel? Backing plates?

It could happen randomly but maybe a wheel hub, since you did mention when turning that what I would suspect.

I'm sure you will get some answers here for you ac issue but if youd like some reading on what to check for that issue you can swing by the sister site gmtnation.com

Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Xavierny25

Name: Xavier Suarez
Vehicle Year: 2008

by 06denaliman » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:09 pm

Thanks so much. My front still sometimes makes noise when i turn and moving but not always. And yes i greased and made sure pins move freely. Also the back noise was the rusted rear backing plates were touching. So i just adjusted them with some sandpaper and a hammer and noise is gone. Ac is working again so im not sure on that one yet.

06denaliman

Name: Justin
Vehicle Year: 2006

Return to Troubleshooting