Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

HVAC Mode Door

Something not working right?

by KE7WOX » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:56 pm

I need help from anyone who has fixed this before.

I'm trying to remove the HVAC mode door actuator, so I can at least try to manually force air up the dash while I fix it.

I can see 3 actuators, one is right above me, basically right above the knee panel. There's another one located right above a duct, one of the screws is accesible, but the connector and the other screw aren't. Both of these seem to have the same part number. A third one is located higher above the rest, more or less in line with the gas pedal, it has a P/N that is different by 1 digit.

My interpretation of the drawings is that I need the last one, but I'm not sure, can anyone confirm?
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

Name: Felipe G
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by NC_IslandRunner » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:55 pm

I have to do the same thing, there is a pretty good write up on it on GMTNation.
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
NC_IslandRunner

Name: Rory
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by KE7WOX » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:29 pm

There is one, but I can't seem to understand it completely :|, I found a post that has almost no info on another site but it has a photo explaining which one it is (and the photo shows the removed actuator with a PN that ends in 10, IIRC, that's the one I only have one of, so that should be the one. Giving it another try right now.

There is a writeup for re-indexing the unit, which I plan to do this weekend, once the damn unit is off.
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

by KE7WOX » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:27 am

And how people say this is a 1 hr job is beyond my comprehension. So far I've gotten one of the 2 screws about a quarter of a turn out. I suspect that removing the accelerator pedal will give me more space, except I can't seem to figure out how to remove it, I removed 2 nuts but the assembly won't come off.

And the idea of not buying a GM again has been around my head for the past few hours.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

by The Roadie » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Everybody should have seen this pic of mine a hundred times.

The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by KE7WOX » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:34 pm

It's all over the old OS, but until a few seconds ago, it made no sense. I couldn't visualize the part based on any other diagrams that are around the internet either, but now I've confirmed which one it is.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

by rachyLTZ » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:48 pm

well i have solved this problem by disconnecting the door mode actuator but for the life of me i could not see the white gear that you supposedly can move with a quarter, the actuator is busted it made a cliking noise but then :facepalm: again i could not locate that white plastic gear
rachyLTZ

Name: raziel
Vehicle Year: 2002

Return to Troubleshooting