Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

BUILD THREAD COMMENTS GO HERE

Document your truck's build, start to finish.

Moderator: navigator

Forum rules
One thread per member is allowed.

NO DISCUSSION is allowed in the build threads, comments from users other than the thread author will be deleted. Please place links to specific modification threads. All comments can go here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2041

Please keep the first post updated with a list of your modifications.

The first post should follow the guideline and layout listed on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=79

Thanks - The ORTB Team

by Rickalicka18 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:10 pm

navigator wrote:Can you rotate your pics before posting? They are kind of hard to view sideways.

Rickalicka18 wrote:More pics of the wheel spacers on :D and my dads beautiful powerstroke in the background :drool3:
image.jpeg

I can! How would i do that? Should i rotate them before i upload them?
Rickalicka18
Addict

Name: Ricky lacombe
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by navigator » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:43 pm

Yes, rotate before uploading or you know hold the camera upright when taking the picture :-)
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Rickalicka18 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:38 am

navigator wrote:Yes, rotate before uploading or you know hold the camera upright when taking the picture :-)

I take the pic straight up but for some reason it rotates them. So i rotated them, then upload them, then delete it, rotate it back to straight up and reupload it.. It seems to work. Idk why it would rotate it, but i fixed it :D
Rickalicka18
Addict

by KingBird » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:35 pm

Rickalicka18, I saw where you said you're running LED headlights, and I really like them. Could you tell me which LED headlights you're running?
Bravada G80 3.73 converted to selectable 4wd.
KingBird
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brian
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Rickalicka18 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:46 pm

My lowbeams and high beams are putco leds. I got them from carid.com... Now I looked on the website and i actually can't find them on the site... I'll keep looking for you though. I paid $170 for just one set so they are not cheap at all. But they are bright. Now before you consider buying them, i find that the low beams are amazing and the high beams are not so good... It seems the road is lit up all around me except for right in front of me with the highbeams. Might just be that my lights are tinted.. And i tried every possible angle and the others were worst haha I'm currently experimenting with another brand that says their bulb can put out 5,000 lumens, has better light dispersion, and are cheaper compared to my current bulbs which are 2500 lumens and have a gap. Pretty expensive experiment lol
Rickalicka18
Addict

by djthumper » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:30 pm

There is a guy that is on GMTNation that sells them at a much lower cost and better support. Send Kev an email at kdhwiz@aol.com Tell him Larry from Vegas sent you. He is in the DFW area. IIRC his put out 6000 lumens.
djthumper

Name: Larry

by Rickalicka18 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:34 pm

Hhaha id never put that in lowbeams people would get even more pissed at me while driving and i kind of already bought the other ones haha. Oh well.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by KingBird » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:16 pm

I've got one guy, EVERY F#$@ING MORNING, that hits his brights about 5 seconds before we meet each other.

I realize that the lows on my work truck (or every '08 up Chevy) are pretty bright but he does this to everyone just to be a dick. I'd love to pop some bright lights in there and maybe even mount my four 100watt Hella 500s to the bumper for him. I digress.

I just like the color of your LEDs, I think I may check some out. I never use my brights, my lows are bright enough and my rooftop LEDs are so much brighter I don't see the need for my highbeams.
KingBird
Trail-Blazer

by Rickalicka18 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:04 pm

I feel... if you can find those lights you'll have plenty bright low beams... I just can't find them on carid hahaha they updated their website and all their products are moved around. I think if you go onthe putco site you can find them
Rickalicka18
Addict

by blazinltz96 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:22 pm

Any more pics of the light bars and at night? How do they work? want to add some of these to mine and would like to know how you like them
blazinltz96
Cruiser

Name: Nick Paul
Vehicle Year: 2003

by Rickalicka18 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:58 pm

I love my light bar. Can't use it on public roads tho.. Installation is easy and if you run the power wire down the drivers door weather strip you can easily get in down into the engine bay (and its all hidden). Then all thats left is to run the switch into the cabin where you'll need to poke a hole in the firewall. I paid no more than $300 for all of it too and it looks awesome. Id recommend it.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by KingBird » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:03 am

Yeah, I'm probably wrong here but I use my lightbar on public roads. Some of these roads are out in the middle of BFT, and the land is so flat here that you can watch your dog run away for three days, so there's no chance of me accidentally blinding someone. I use them like my brights (leave them on until I see the glow from an approaching vehicle, then turn them off). That's better than you'll get from any of these GD'd tractors around here with their aircraft landing lights...

I have yet to deal with the law over them but I say you should make your own decisions and be as safe as possible. Speed limit here is 75, at that speed, you need as much light as possible, as long as you aren't affecting someone else, who cares?
KingBird
Trail-Blazer

by Rickalicka18 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:28 am

Watch your dog run away for three days? :lol: I like that.... I drive a lot in town so the lightbar is a no go there. But I do use it on back roads. My back roads have a lot of twisties and trees, so its not very open and seeing other peoples lights coming the other way isn't exactly easy since the light bar over powers their glow on the telephone lines (my hint another person is coming). My dads best friend is a sergant in lewiston (which is the town I drive through most often) and said that It is illegal to have it on period. Even driving down backroads. That's just Maine though.. Other states may have other laws.

The exact law, I believe, is any light that is above your headlights is illegal to have on, but anything below is allowed.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by KingBird » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:22 pm

That's generally the law everywhere. I figure I'll take the ticket, my family's safety is worth it, I wouldn't be able to run mine where you are though.

Seriously, I can be in Ropesville, a small burg fifteen miles from anywhere, and I can stand in my roofrack at night. From there I can see the glow from several surrounding towns 30-45 miles away. It's freaking FLAT here!
KingBird
Trail-Blazer

by Rickalicka18 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:42 pm

I feel that. I just want to be able to see so a deer doesn't come running out. If one does I'll blind it haha
Rickalicka18
Addict

by ryangrav10163 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:45 pm

Tried to start a thread but do t know how and I'm new here and not sure how to really go about this but I'm trying to find someone who has bilsteins preferably with with 3 inch lift and strut all in one that they are selling. any help will be greatly appriciated or also if anyone has anything lifted related they are selling again please pm me
ryangrav10163

Name: Ryan Graves

by HARDTRAILZ » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:30 am

You need to contribute before you have the FS or WTB privilege.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by ETB1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:48 am

If not suitable for this section let me know. I'm trying to start a build thread. I know it's in the mall rated section but I can't find the button to start a new thread. Any info would be very helpful.
ETB1
Off-Roader

Name: Josh Walton
Vehicle Year: 2008

by rScherzer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:46 am

ETB1 wrote:If not suitable for this section let me know. I'm trying to start a build thread. I know it's in the mall rated section but I can't find the button to start a new thread. Any info would be very helpful.

Not sure if there is a minimum post amount to start a s build thread. If not there should be a button on the upper left that says "Start new topic"
rScherzer
Off-Roader

Name: Robert

by TBYODA » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:48 pm

rScherzer wrote:
ETB1 wrote:If not suitable for this section let me know. I'm trying to start a build thread. I know it's in the mall rated section but I can't find the button to start a new thread. Any info would be very helpful.

Not sure if there is a minimum post amount to start a s build thread. If not there should be a button on the upper left that says "Start new topic"

add post.jpg
add post.jpg (32.37 KiB) Viewed 30534 times
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008

PreviousNext

Return to Build Threads