Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

BDS kit or C25R springs and front spacers

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by gtblazer » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:29 pm

Well I'm pretty new here and I've been doing a lot of reading to try and figure out what I want to do with my TB. I'm hoping I've come up with something that makes sense and would like to get some opinions on it. First off, my TB isn't a daily driver anymore so I use it now mainly for camping, pulling a trailer and maybe some offroad fun when I get this all done. I currently have 265R75-16s on it and don't plan on going any bigger than 32s. I also am planning to upgrade the gears from 3.73 to 4.11 and get a suspension kit and replace all the front end parts. I only want to take the suspension apart once and my TB has just over 200K miles so my goal is just to replace everything that might be worn out. It's going to be a lot of work I know, so planning on an all winter project here.

That said, I think I've narrowed it down to either the BDS kit or something like the Supreme Suspension 3" spacers on the front plus C25R springs on the back along with appropriate Bilstein shocks. I don't think I want to go the Z71 route that many have taken as I don't want a stiffer ride. If I go the BDS route, I figure I can add air bags as well to help offset a camping load or trailer. However, the 2" BDS kit just doesn't sound like much of a lift. It looks like most people with the C25R springs paired them with the Radflos and that's a bit more money than I want to spend. Has anyone just done front spacers + C25R springs and does it perform well and look OK or does it make the back end to high?

Thanks,
Brian
gtblazer
Cruiser

Name: Brian Duke
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Anthony Hernandez » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:14 pm

c25r is for the rear.. i use them with fox shocks, moogs upfront with bilstien yellow hds. but i have bumpers, winch, etc.
Marks3"-moog 14's-fox shocks-z71's-4.56 gears-rear locker-
My build - viewtopic.php?f=74&t=6225
Anthony Hernandez
Trail-Blazer

Name: Anthony
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by gtblazer » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:01 pm

Thanks Anthony, I see the subject line wasn't completely clear. I meant I'm trying to decide between the BDS kit all around or using the C25R springs in the back and spacers in the front. I assume yours ends up being a 3" front lift and 4" rear, does it work well? Is the rake OK?
gtblazer
Cruiser

Name: Brian Duke
Vehicle Year: 2003
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to Lifts / Suspension