Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Ball joints and steering

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by 05ext » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:06 am

So I have a 2005 trailblazer ext the I will be putting 3” of lift and 32s on in the fall. The front end needs rebuilt as far as ball joints, tie rods, bushing, and a bunch other stuff. I build jeeps for a living. Mostly JKs and I know for them there are many options for ball joints that are better than stock. Are there any good options for our trucks or is moog the way to go?

Thanks,
05ext
05ext

Name: Corey
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Xavierny25 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:39 pm

05ext wrote:So I have a 2005 trailblazer ext the I will be putting 3” of lift and 32s on in the fall. The front end needs rebuilt as far as ball joints, tie rods, bushing, and a bunch other stuff. I build jeeps for a living. Mostly JKs and I know for them there are many options for ball joints that are better than stock. Are there any good options for our trucks or is moog the way to go?

Thanks,
05ext
Mevotech TX seems to be good so far from the many ppl I know that use them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Xavierny25

Name: Xavier Suarez
Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by hilljb » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:50 pm

I actually just replaced one today. I used the AC Delco part from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006N9I7BG/

My only complaint about the AC Delco ball joints and tie rod ends is that the rubber boots seem to crack more quickly, at least compared to the generic auto parts replacements I was using before. The parts last longer, but the boots don't. It's super dry in Colorado and that doesn't help.
hilljb

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer

by Smartin11 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:09 am

Look for the complete front suspension rebuild kits online. You get everything you need for a much cheaper price!
Smartin11
Cruiser

Name: Sean
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer

Return to Lifts / Suspension