Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

ezaccessory or wheeladapter

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by SteveTB03 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:20 am

Im looking to buy some wheel adapters (WA) for my TB and was looking on Ebay and saw ezaccessory WA for 89$ and the wheel adapter guys for 150$ I remember hearing about ezaccessory but didn't remember if they are good or not. What is the concensus on WA's??? fred's WA's are out of the picture for now due to price.

Please explain why one or the other is bad.

Steve
Go Big & Go Broke
SteveTB03
Addict

Name: Steve Darras
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by janesy86 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:19 am

Wheel adapter. I have em, and so does a bunch of other members. The only known problem with these was due to an install error, they came 1.3" thick so grinding the rear studs was necessary... and the kid installing them didn't, so therefore the studs broke and he almost lost a wheel.

Otherwise no problems here, had em on for 6 months or so now with not one problem. And IIRC I believe the wheeladapter guy changed the thickness to 1.5" so there should be no modding involved, but don't quote me on that.

EZeccessory is the company to steer away from. The Roadie was the one who got his first spacers from them, and he had to fix their machining errors.
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Philberto » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:51 pm

:Iagree: As another Wheeladapter spacer owner. I actually like the 1.3" spacers more than 1.5", as I figure the thinner, the less stress on bearings and other components. Plus, you aren't grinding the threads on the rear studs anyways, so there aren't any issues with grinding them.
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by The Roadie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Ezaccessory are the scumbags.

wheeladapter.com is Fred Goeske, the highest price and IMHO best vendor there is. YMMV. He also has an Ebay store for odd parts: usedwheel

Most folks lately have been using an Ebay vendor (wheeladapters) for under $200 a set: WHEELADAPTERS@aol.com (Mack)
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by Doratus » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:02 pm

janesy86 wrote:Wheel adapter. I have em, and so does a bunch of other members. The only known problem with these was due to an install error, they came 1.3" thick so grinding the rear studs was necessary... and the kid installing them didn't, so therefore the studs broke and he almost lost a wheel.

Otherwise no problems here, had em on for 6 months or so now with not one problem. And IIRC I believe the wheeladapter guy changed the thickness to 1.5" so there should be no modding involved, but don't quote me on that.

EZeccessory is the company to steer away from. The Roadie was the one who got his first spacers from them, and he had to fix their machining errors.

Huh?? I have the Wheel Adapters and I installed them myself with no grinding. I've driven all the way to Florida and back to California again with no problem at all. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just don't really get what you mean and am curious to know more. Maybe I'm sitting on a time bomb???

ETA: If I remember correctly I have the 1.5" size. But this raises another question because I bought these spacers from Fred over 2 years now and they were 1.5" way back then. So what do you mean he changed the size? When?
West Chapter (Trailvoy.com)

Wishlist:
A)CB radio
Doratus

Vehicle Year: 2002

by janesy86 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:16 pm

*Edit* Just saw your edit... the original poster was saying he's not getting Fred's b/c of price so was asking about two other sources. I am not talking about Fred's, I have the eBay vendors...

Well, whose did you get? The eBay vendor 'wheeladapters' or from Fred @ wheeladapter.com?

There are huge differences...

eBay vendor 'wheeladapters'
$150 shipped
Only 1.3" thick (atleast when I bought em)
More generally machined

Fred's adapters
Over $300
1.5" thick
Machined to specific centerbore and are hubcentric/wheelcentric

When the adapters are only 1.3" thick you MUST grind down the studs a lil bit so the wheel sits flush on the spacer and the studs don't hit the wheel, which will cause problems.

There was 1 member on the OS who did not properly install and he admitted it, along with another member who hasn't yet responded after he said 5 out of the 6 studs broke off...

So it really just depends on who you got them from and when, b/c like I said before, IIRC the eBay vendor might have changed the thickness to 1.5" as well.
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes
Vehicle Year: 2007

by The Roadie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:34 pm

To add to the confusion, Fred owns BOTH the domains wheeladapter.com and wheeladapters.com
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by Doratus » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:53 pm

I bought mine in July of 07' and I know I bought them from Fred because we talked on the phone for at least 30 min.
West Chapter (Trailvoy.com)

Wishlist:
A)CB radio
Doratus

Vehicle Year: 2002

Return to Wheels / Tires