Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Wheel spacers help!!

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by liftedblazer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:37 pm

I NEED WHEEL SPACERS FOR MY TB AND CANNOT FIND THE RIGHT ONES HELP ME PLEASE
sex is like muddin you see the hole you think about it you slowly ease into it and once you in its balls to the wall until your motor blows
liftedblazer
Cruiser

Name: nate
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:44 pm

markmc...
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by HARDTRAILZ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:52 pm

I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
HARDTRAILZ

by TBYODA » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:53 pm

If you are not sure what you need, you have not done enough research on this site. Read thread below. Click on links.
Read some more. Be patient.

viewtopic.php?t=20

http://theliftmeister.com/public_html/t ... page4.html
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by NC_IslandRunner » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:35 pm

liftedblazer wrote:I NEED WHEEL SPACERS FOR MY TB AND CANNOT FIND THE RIGHT ONES HELP ME PLEASE

Quit yelling and use the search! Friggin noob :wallbash:
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
NC_IslandRunner

Name: Rory
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by dvanbramer88 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:50 pm

liftedblazer wrote:Is that a brand name or site and some people tell me that I have 6x5.5 and some say I have 6x5 which one is it

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Trailblazer+lug+pattern
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic
"Violence is not always evil. The judicious use of violence and those willing to use it without hesitation is often all that stands between wolves and sheep."

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2002

by TBYODA » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:00 am

liftedblazer wrote:I NEED WHEEL SPACERS FOR MY TB AND CANNOT FIND THE RIGHT ONES HELP ME PLEASE

Let me think you said to yourself. I want to lift my TB I just need to get bigger tires no problem. Once you got them and tried to put them on you could not fit them in because you got bigger than 30.5" and are hitting the upper balljoint. Am I close??? Next you are going to post again when you can't drive your TB because those new tires are hitting the inside of the wheel well. Dude take your time and read all valuable information on this site. I got my 2008 TB in march and basically have been reading every day on this site since. I want to lift my TB just as bad but I am researching and saving $$$. You are going have a more enjoyable time with your TB and not waste your $$$. If you do some research. The fellows that started this along with GMTNATION the old trailvoy are passionate on our platform and want to pass on the info that they have learned by trying and sometime failing. Learn from them. Read, read. Rein that horse in.
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by The Roadie » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:54 am

Where have you looked and what are you seeing that's not right. As posted, contact the liftmeister, markmc.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by v7guy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

I'm confused. You can find the answer here, on gmtnation, and on trailvoy. So I don't understand why you are having issues.

Of course most of us might understand why you needed wheel spacers and could recommend the easily found solutions (via a search) if we knew what tire you are using, what wheel you are using, what backspace/offset/width the wheel has. Maybe even modified brakes and fenders can come into play. Maybe an 1/8" spacer will clear some nifty brakes, or maybe you need 6" spacers to clear 42s. It's hard to say.

Your question is so open ended that it's massively difficult to answer without typing a novel. If you're unable to find the answer while taking the time to search on the multiple available sites, or type up what the problem is, then people are going to be extremely resistant to taking the time to help you.

The stickies on this board will probably point you in the right direction. But the general advice is useless your equipment and goals are identical to the original poster.

P.S. Using all caps in forums is considered yelling and extremely rude. Beyond that, we like to see basic punctuation and grammar followed. Your ability to communicate to us is determined by our use of the English language. If we can't follow your description/problem/advice then no one can help you or use your advice.
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason

by liftedblazer » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:10 am

Sorry for the "yelling" just very frustrated in the fact of not being able to find the right spacers, as for the lift I do have a lift coming in for it for 3 in the front and 2 in the back, also I'm installing new coils front and heavier coils in the rear, iv searched through google and yahoo and was only coming up with 6x5.5, I had also search eBay and amazon hoping for the best but had no luck. Iv gone to speed shops that were local and had no luck. Again sorry for the yelling.
sex is like muddin you see the hole you think about it you slowly ease into it and once you in its balls to the wall until your motor blows
liftedblazer
Cruiser

by liftedblazer » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:11 am

Also thank you fr the link to liftmieser
liftedblazer
Cruiser

by DirtyBacon04 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:49 am

this thread should have zero replies...
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
Current Count of Transmission Rebuilds: 5.5
***The more you know, the less you need.***
USMC '07-'12
Dirty Bacon's Build
DirtyBacon04

Name: Michael

by Cable810 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:40 am

:wallbash:
The FIRST Solid Axle Swapped Trailblazer in Presque Isle County MI
My Build
The Roadie wrote:Research, plan your mods, fund the plan, then GO DO THEM. THEN WHEEL IT.
Cable810
Veteran

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: 2002

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:23 am

DirtyBacon04 wrote:this thread should have zero replies...

Yep. And let's not go above n beyond to help guys that wheel past their abilities alone when they are stranded.

Not sure how this site got full of people better than others. Used to be a place to get some help and toss around ideas. Seems to be the pirate of the tiny lil tb world. Damn near worse that the SS guys.
HARDTRAILZ

by navigator » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:35 am

HARDTRAILZ wrote:

Not sure how this site got full of people better than others. Used to be a place to get some help and toss around ideas

:Iagree:

BTW, moved the thread out of the builds and to the wheels/tires section.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris

by The Roadie » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:57 am

liftedblazer wrote:Sorry for the "yelling" just very frustrated in the fact of not being able to find the right spacers,
Frustration is common when starting out lifting this platform. Imagine what it must have been like for the first guy on trailvoy in 2004 to try finding lift kits out there, buying each one as it came out, first 1", then 2", then 3". And then when Vertical Scope bought his favorite forum and started ruining it, frustration started him thinking about starting a new forum devoted to ONLY offroading GMT360 trucks. And when new members join this forum, they get a WELCOME email that has links to the collected wisdom of dozens of lifted members, to try to help ease the frustration and speed the learning process. But frustration has to be kept in control, especially on the trails, because you can break expensive stuff and get yourself stranded by the use of inappropriate and excessive power. (as you seem to advocate in your signature.) :wallbash:
as for the lift I do have a lift coming in for it for 3 in the front and 2 in the back, also I'm installing new coils front and heavier coils in the rear, iv searched through google and yahoo and was only coming up with 6x5.5, I had also search eBay and amazon hoping for the best but had no luck. Iv gone to speed shops that were local and had no luck. Again sorry for the yelling.
Shops are in general IDIOTS when it comes to knowing or respecting the abilities of GMT360s. You need to read all the stickied threads here, the link you received in your welcome email, and peruse a few of the build threads - all of which have the data you're looking for.

The rest of the hazing that you get as a noob is partially our way of letting off steam and spanking the noobs, and partially a way of poking you to see if you have the mettle to stand up to the heckling you might get by Jeepers on the trails.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by liftedblazer » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:25 am

My signature is a sticker I found and thought it was funny I very rarely beat on my Chevys but give me a ford ill beat on it till I can turn it into the scrap yard...I used to have a lifted 1500 and I miss having a lifted truck and that is why I'm so determined to lift my tb i miss the stance and the go anywhere ability
liftedblazer
Cruiser

by DirtyBacon04 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:50 pm

HARDTRAILZ wrote:

Yep. And let's not go above n beyond to help guys that wheel past their abilities alone when they are stranded.

Not sure how this site got full of people better than others. Used to be a place to get some help and toss around ideas. Seems to be the pirate of the tiny lil tb world. Damn near worse that the SS guys.

I never said I'm better than anyone else, hell I'm the biggest asshole I know. This is still a great place to get good info and helpful people with the same interests. that being said laziness is an irritant to me. And as most Marines, I'm an arrogant, cocky son of a bitch. This would be the equivilent of me getting a flat tire and then calling roadie to save me. At least i worked in my own sweat and blood for four straight hours before deciding to call for help as a last resort, which I ended up walking a total about 13 miles to do. I've earned my stripes, and all I ask of new members is to put forth real effort.
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
Current Count of Transmission Rebuilds: 5.5
***The more you know, the less you need.***
USMC '07-'12
Dirty Bacon's Build
DirtyBacon04

Name: Michael

by v7guy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:54 pm

this sticky at the top of the forum gives the stock size 6x5. It also shows how to figure out backspace etc.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26

Since you didn't mention tire size, this thread is a sticky at the top of this forum, it outlines fairly well, what will fit with what mods
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2290

If you've gotten frustrated with the spacers/adapters I assume you haven't read very much, or maybe you haven't gotten a hang of the search function on the board (it can be difficult at times). You should know that using some of the heavier front springs can be quite the "adventure". Shocks can break because of it. It can be shitty. So can the CV boot exploding all the time. lol
There's lots this platform can do. But it's not heavily supported outside of the few vendors on here.
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason

by Conner299 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:05 pm

Maybe what was being implied was also a little bit of patience. I understand its very easy for ORTB veterans to get annoyed with Newbs asking the same questions, over and over. The newbs, most of the time don't understand this. They haven't been around long enough. It seems they are excited and just wan't their answers, without fully understanding our philosophy of doing your own leg work.
I DON'T care what my GMT360 was designed to do, I care about what it can do!
Conner299
Addict

Name: Ed
Vehicle Year: 2005

Next

Return to Wheels / Tires