Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Dynapro M/t, cooper discovery stt, wrangler duratrac?

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by Opeth » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:51 am

Kind of torn between these 3, I'm mostly stuck on pavement/ highways in my TB and would like a tire with decent pavement manners. In a normal winter for me we see 190"+ of snow, and some icings. All the reviews I've read on these say they are all a decent tire for this.

There is one other lifted TB near me, but have never been able to bump into him and ask how he likes the Dura tracs which is what my gut is telling me to go with. The other 2 have a nice tread pattern and work out to be $100 cheaper.

Also, should I really consider the E load range in these tires, or is a standard tire just fine? I do tow a boat that comes in at 3200lbs.

Thanks for any help.
Opeth
Addict

Name: Cody
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by steveroche » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:56 am

Buddy of mine just got the duratracs, if I didn't need big nobby mud tires I would most definitely go get myself a set of those. They have good sipes and deep tread for an all terrain. He loves them so far.
steveroche
Addict

Name: Steve Roche
Vehicle Year: 2003

by 06MidnightBlue » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:05 am

I would go with the Dynapro AT/M's. From working at Les Schwab, I've learned that the Goodyear's have a sensitive and brittle sidewall. After about a year, if you hit a good size pothole say goodbye to your sidewall.
06MidnightBlue
Addict

Name: Jeff

by Diacom » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:33 pm

The Cooper STT's will work well for snow/mud and reasonably well on paved roads, but they have little siping for ice. I will guess that with the amount of snow you have, you will also have ice. So figured that is something you may want to consider.
Diacom
Addict

Name: Noel
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Opeth » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:58 pm

I think I am going to just scoop up the duratracs in an E load, 3 ply sidewall vs. 2 ply.
Opeth
Addict

Name: Cody

by johnpaul123 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:55 pm

Opeth wrote:Kind of torn between these 3, I'm mostly stuck on pavement/ highways in my TB and would like a tire with decent pavement manners. In a normal winter for me we see 190"+ of snow, and some icings. All the reviews I've read on these say they are all a decent tire for this.

There is one other lifted TB near me, but have never been able to bump into him and ask how he likes the Dura tracs which is what my gut is telling me to go with. The other 2 have a nice tread pattern and work out to be $100 cheaper. rent a car dubai

Also, should I really consider the E load range in these tires, or is a standard tire just fine? I do tow a boat that comes in at 3200lbs.

Thanks for any help.

Take car of yourself, don't careless about any thing. wish you good health.
johnpaul123

Name: tani
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to Wheels / Tires