Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

TreadWright Guard Dog MT's

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by DustinC1989 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:12 am

That's a bit of a drive for tires lol.
DustinC1989
Addict

Name: Dustin
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by 06MidnightBlue » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:40 am

Hey it's an adventure.
06MidnightBlue
Addict

Name: Jeff
Vehicle Year: 2006

by djthumper » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:51 am

Free Shipping?
djthumper

Name: Larry

by Nakashige » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:50 pm

Will you ship?
Nakashige
Vendor

Name: Ben Caesar
Vehicle Year: 2003

by 06MidnightBlue » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:42 pm

I've never had a shipping request. Let me check with my boss on Wednesday and ill report back.
06MidnightBlue
Addict

by tbangert » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:53 pm

Donny, I'm quite shocked at the response from Treadwright. I had an issue about a year after purchasing my set, had a sidewall belt break. I emailed them and got a response back that day and 5 days later a new tire at my doorstep. I'll be curious to see what they respond back as I am in need of a new set of tires in the next 2 months.
MarcMC - Bilstien - BDS - WheelAdapters - Treadwright - K&N - Gibson - Hayden - Zone
My Build Thread
tbangert
Off-Roader

Name: Tyler
Vehicle Year: 2005

by fishsticks » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:53 am

Nothing yet...

Hi Susanne,

Hope your weekend was enjoyable.

I am writing this email as a followup to one I sent to you on the 26th. I have not heard back from anyone at your company since that email was sent. I hope that you received it. If not, you will find a copy of it below.

I (and others) are anxious to see Treadwright's response to the questions I posed. One of a few forum threads on the topic is here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1113&start=302

Thank you.

There's a big gap in the level of service between these guys and Kooks... I'll tell you that much.
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by DustinC1989 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:00 am

Well they better figure something out cause I'm gonna be installing lifts on mine and my buddies trailblazers and on my moms ranger. We WERE interested in them... But I think I'll be going with bfg's like I've had on our trucks in the past
DustinC1989
Addict

Name: Dustin
Vehicle Year: 2007

by 03envoy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:46 pm

If you don't receive any response or any compensation of any sort, I will for sure not be ordering a set of tires from them. I asked them if they could explain to me why it wasn't covered and they told me to look at there warranty page? I was never given a answer....
03envoy

Name: Trent
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by TangoBravo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:11 pm

While I do think they should throw ya a bone for your trouble, there warrenty clearly states they DO NOT cover belt seperations and to my knowledge haven't been covered in the four years I have been using treadwrights on all four of my vehicles. Now to be honest I beat the holy hell out of my vehicles and go through tires like fricken hotcakes, this is one main reason I use treadwright exclusively on four trucks. I have had to submit warrenty claims twice and I have to say that when it IS something covered there is never been an issue getting something covered. I usually have a new tire at my door in five days at no charge. No matter the outcome on this issue I will continue to have confidence and use them, as I have never had this issue in the roughly 64 tires I have recieved and used from them.
Scouts Out, Carbon County Search and Rescue/Carbon County volunteer firefighter.

Ams oil products bumper to bumper, Treadwright Guard Dogs, 3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift 1.5" spacers, swaybar trashcan mod, quad headlight mod
TangoBravo
Addict

Name: Robert
Vehicle Year: 2004

by fishsticks » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:12 pm

TangoBravo wrote:While I do think they should throw ya a bone for your trouble, there warrenty clearly states they DO NOT cover belt seperations and to my knowledge haven't been covered in the four years I have been using treadwrights on all four of my vehicles. Now to be honest I beat the holy hell out of my vehicles and go through tires like fricken hotcakes, this is one main reason I use treadwright exclusively on four trucks. I have had to submit warrenty claims twice and I have to say that when it IS something covered there is never been an issue getting something covered. I usually have a new tire at my door in five days at no charge. No matter the outcome on this issue I will continue to have confidence and use them, as I have never had this issue in the roughly 64 tires I have recieved and used from them.

You should probably go and read the email I sent to them, as it asks some pretty direct questions.

How would they handle a separation that occurred shortly after purchase? If a belt goes after 3 months and you are out of luck, then these tires aren't worth the carcasses they are made from. That basically says, "This tire is warranted against being defective, unless it's defective." That's the question people should be interested in the answer to. I need to buy a tire either way.

A reply to my emails would be a good start.
fishsticks

by navigator » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:14 pm

yeah, send a response, even if it is one that the customer won't like. Expedite the issue don't drag it out.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris

by TangoBravo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:01 am

fishsticks wrote:
TangoBravo wrote:While I do think they should throw ya a bone for your trouble, there warrenty clearly states they DO NOT cover belt seperations and to my knowledge haven't been covered in the four years I have been using treadwrights on all four of my vehicles. Now to be honest I beat the holy hell out of my vehicles and go through tires like fricken hotcakes, this is one main reason I use treadwright exclusively on four trucks. I have had to submit warrenty claims twice and I have to say that when it IS something covered there is never been an issue getting something covered. I usually have a new tire at my door in five days at no charge. No matter the outcome on this issue I will continue to have confidence and use them, as I have never had this issue in the roughly 64 tires I have recieved and used from them.

You should probably go and read the email I sent to them, as it asks some pretty direct questions.

How would they handle a separation that occurred shortly after purchase? If a belt goes after 3 months and you are out of luck, then these tires aren't worth the carcasses they are made from. That basically says, "This tire is warranted against being defective, unless it's defective." That's the question people should be interested in the answer to. I need to buy a tire either way.

A reply to my emails would be a good start.

I have followed the thread and I get what your saying. But what Im saying is that thier warrenty clearly states that there warrenty covers ONLY work they did. Since they didn't make the carcuss there not going to cover it. It is highlighted and bold on the warrenty page, does not matter if the tire is four days old or four years. This is one of the down sides to going with retreads, really though if a company like treadwright puts out lets say 10,000 tires and not enough belt seperations occur to raise concern both on a company level and on the MANY forums whos members use the product then its safe to say they have a solid product. No company out there has a full proof if ANYTHING goes wrong warrenty. Ever buy Bfg's if so have you ever read the warrenty that comes with them? It's amazing what it does not cover and your paying way more for them. What really concerns me here is the lack of responce from there end, as in my experience with them that usually doesn't happen.
Scouts Out, Carbon County Search and Rescue/Carbon County volunteer firefighter.

Ams oil products bumper to bumper, Treadwright Guard Dogs, 3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift 1.5" spacers, swaybar trashcan mod, quad headlight mod
TangoBravo
Addict

Name: Robert

by fishsticks » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:48 am

navigator wrote:yeah, send a response, even if it is one that the customer won't like. Expedite the issue don't drag it out.

That's really all I'm asking for at this point.

TangoBravo wrote:But what Im saying is that thier warrenty clearly states that there warrenty covers ONLY work they did. Since they didn't make the carcuss there not going to cover it.

From Treadwright's "Our Process" page:

1. We find “gently used” tires that have the highest grade. These used tires are inspected in 17 different areas before we accept them.
2. Once the tire is approved we buff the thin top layer of rubber from the tire.
3. Then a computerized machine wraps a continuous ribbon of new Full Grade Truck Rubber on the tire for the specific mold and tread design the tire will have.
4. We then computer balance each tire.
5. The tire is then "cured" and given a new tread design.
6. Once the tire has cooled we do a thorough inspection and testing of the tire to ensure it was made correctly and is safe for use.
7. Tires are then taped and shipped.

Inspection counts as work they've done. To me a broken belt on an otherwise undamaged tire is a defect, especially when there is 50% tread left on the thing.

TangoBravo wrote:It is highlighted and bold on the warrenty page, does not matter if the tire is four days old or four years.

If you are correct in the interpretation of their warranty, then I advise no one to buy these tires ever again. I get the no warranty thing on a performance or "off road racing use" product, but even those vendors are willing to help with defects. These are not in the same league. I didn't buy one of the sizes designated as "off-road only."

This is one of the down sides to going with retreads, really though if a company like treadwright puts out lets say 10,000 tires and not enough belt seperations occur to raise concern both on a company level and on the MANY forums whos members use the product then its safe to say they have a solid product. No company out there has a full proof if ANYTHING goes wrong warrenty. Ever buy Bfg's if so have you ever read the warrenty that comes with them? It's amazing what it does not cover and your paying way more for them.

Being in business for myself, I can attest to the fact that as a company you aren't judged on what you do when things go smoothly. You are judged by how you handle the times they don't. If I denied all claims that technically weren't within warranty I wouldn't have many clients. I run 100% word of mouth so my image is critical.

That said, I've seen Interco warranty a tire that's been aired down and wheeled before (sidewall bubble).

What really concerns me here is the lack of responce from there end, as in my experience with them that usually doesn't happen.

Me too... me too. The slow communication from them (from the very first email, 8 DAYS?!) is pushing me to other vendors. The sheer lack of a response (either way) is cementing the deal, and is going to turn me from a proponent (lots of people locally have asked about them) to a critic...

...and as you all know, I have a BIG mouth. :raspberry:
fishsticks

by v7guy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:52 am

I was a little irritated Moots had trouble with them and their warranty since I had strongly recommended them. It worked out, but he got the run around for a bit before it did.
it's strange because they really have an exceptional history on all the forums. Maybe their success is hurting their customer service, I dunno.

I am definitely moving up a few sizes this year, it's starting to look like I'm going to spend more elsewhere.
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason

by fishsticks » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:07 pm

I give up. I bought a brand new ProComp Xtreme AT today on CL for $100.

Treadwright lost 3 full sets worth of sales locally already, and I'll ensure they lose a few more.
fishsticks

by HARDTRAILZ » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:57 am

My friends don't use them. I promoted and supported but just not the quality expected.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle

by 06MidnightBlue » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:38 am

Stick it to em Donny.
06MidnightBlue
Addict

by tbangert » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:41 am

Well its looking like I may take my buisness elsewhere also. They may have gotten too big for their britches, too bad...
MarcMC - Bilstien - BDS - WheelAdapters - Treadwright - K&N - Gibson - Hayden - Zone
My Build Thread
tbangert
Off-Roader

Name: Tyler
Vehicle Year: 2005

by Cable810 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:06 pm

As I said on GMTNation

Well they lost my Business! Had em lined up casue they were a legit 32" in 265/70-17. Oh well thier loss not mine...
The FIRST Solid Axle Swapped Trailblazer in Presque Isle County MI
My Build
The Roadie wrote:Research, plan your mods, fund the plan, then GO DO THEM. THEN WHEEL IT.
Cable810
Veteran

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: 2002

PreviousNext

Return to Wheels / Tires