Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Senator Highway on the way to Crown King (was mohave disc).

Dumping ground for offroad Trailblazer or Envoy general discussion.

by The Roadie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:43 am

OregTrailBlazin wrote:I've seen this picture..... or one very simular to it. Maybe it was just Roadie on the same hill!!
You've got a phenomenal memory! But it wasn't in Mojave - it was south of Prescott, AZ on a side trail from the Senator Highway on the way to Crown King.

The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by KE7WOX » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:00 am

The Roadie wrote:
OregTrailBlazin wrote:I've seen this picture..... or one very simular to it. Maybe it was just Roadie on the same hill!!
You've got a phenomenal memory! But it wasn't in Mojave - it was south of Prescott, AZ on a side trail from the Senator Highway on the way to Crown King.

did you make the full run on the Senator all the way from Downtown to Crown King?
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

Name: Felipe G
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by The Roadie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:43 pm

KE7WOX wrote:did you make the full run on the Senator all the way from Downtown to Crown King?
Yes, and with a LOT of side spurs because the main road was too easy. I only had a few hours off while my wife and I were in Chino Valley for an aunt's funeral.
The Roadie
Founder

by KE7WOX » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:31 pm

The Roadie wrote:
KE7WOX wrote:did you make the full run on the Senator all the way from Downtown to Crown King?
Yes, and with a LOT of side spurs because the main road was too easy. I only had a few hours off while my wife and I were in Chino Valley for an aunt's funeral.

Only you take the worst situations and turn them into adventures.

The main road is too easy? do you think it's doable with just bigger A/T tires (like 265/65/17) and no lift?
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

by The Roadie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:41 pm

I would guess the condition could change vastly depending on snow, ice, water runoff, etc. I haven't run with pure AT tires and no lift in so long I'd be a poor predictor of success. Sorry. Just go try it, don't feel bad if you have to turn around. I was thwarted by dozens of trail situations over the years, and learned to leave my ego at home and just enjoy even a run where I had to use my planned bypasses.
The Roadie
Founder

by KE7WOX » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:26 am

I'll give it a try once I get my A/Ts, that's definitely one of my target runs to be completed before 2011.

I turned around about 2 miles from Walker Rd because it was really rocky (more like small rocks that were surely going to damage my regular tires), but the Downtown - Walker Rd was more than fine.

I just tried (back during Thanksgiving) to reach the Del Pasco Mine from Crown King but ended up turning around. After getting back to Prescott and checking maps and stuff it turns out I was only 1.5 or so miles from the mine, but there was no way to reach that without more clearance.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

by Maria465 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:42 am

Recently drove the Senator Highway to Crown King, once known as Mohave Disc. The scenic route offers breathtaking views and a nostalgic journey through history. The winding road and rustic charm make it a memorable drive. Crown King, with its quaint atmosphere, is a hidden gem worth exploring. Nature enthusiasts and history buffs alike will appreciate the beauty and stories along this unique path.Nrega Job Card List
Maria465

Name: Maria
Vehicle Year: 2009
Vehicle: GMC Envoy XL
DriveTrain: 2WD

by Aarna785 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:47 am

Senator Highway winds its way through the rugged landscapes of Arizona, offering travelers a glimpse of the state's natural beauty. As you embark on this scenic route, you'll find yourself immersed in towering pine forests, with breathtaking views stretching out in every direction. The road twists and turns, revealing hidden valleys and pristine wilderness along the way.

Named after Senator Barry Goldwater, a prominent figure in Arizona's political history, Senator Highway holds a special place in the hearts of locals and adventurers alike. Its historic significance adds to the allure, with tales of pioneers and prospectors who once traversed these same paths in search of fortune and opportunity.

As you make your way along Senator Highway, keep an eye out for Crown King, a charming mountain town nestled among the hills. Known for its rustic charm and welcoming community, Crown King offers a delightful escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Explore the town's historic buildings, grab a bite to eat at a local diner, or simply take in the serene beauty of the surrounding wilderness.

Whether you're seeking adventure or simply longing for a peaceful retreat, Senator Highway and Crown King are sure to captivate your imagination and leave you with memories to last a lifetime. So pack your bags, hit the road, and discover the magic of this enchanting corner of Arizona.https://storysaver.dev/
Aarna785

Name: Aarna Miller
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: GMC Envoy XUV
DriveTrain: 2WD w/ G80

Return to Off Road Discussion