Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

COMPLETED: Lake Winona Trails 2015

Post a future trail ride or document a completed trip. Let us join in on your adventure!
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article found below.

by mason10198 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:30 am

Had some fun in the natural state this weekend with a couple of friends (passengers in the TB) and my father (driver of the Tundra pickup). These trails are currently the only trails I have found near where I live. They branch off of Lake Winona rd. in Paron, Arkansas. I just lifted my TB, so I'm only just beginning my "discoveries"! I would rate these trails at 1.5 in the easiest parts and 2.5 in the roughest (based on ORTB trail rating specs). I have been on these trails several times, and they are only getting rougher as the rainwater runs down the mountains. I remember two years ago driving through in stock 4wd pickup trucks and it never got rougher than a 1.5 or 2. As the ground keeps washing away, the rocks in the ground are becoming more of an obstacle. I blew a tire here a while ago because I failed to realize how pointy one of the rocks were. Before I was lifted, I smacked and scraped my underside alot on these trails (while they were still 1.5-2), and haven't been able to go back recently until my lift was installed. I'm happy to say now that I can ride these trails once again! :excited:
I didn't stop much for pictures, but I did take my GoPro with me! I sped up this video 2x so it's not horribly lengthy to the viewer. :lurk:

mason10198

Name: Mason
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Trail X » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:22 pm

Good stuff Mason! Nice video of the trails. Its amazing how similar your neck of Arkansas is to the GWNF here in VA. Looks like some good trail bashing, especially all sped up! Thanks for the video! You're better than I am, I still haven't worked on the one from my trip in the spring!!
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to Trail Rides / Trips