Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

STAINLESS BRAKE LINES - CLARKSVILLE FASTENERS

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by larryk » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:01 am

Just wanted to give you guys a heads-up on the stainless brake lines I installed on the front of my truck recently.

My truck is an 04 EXT, with the early PBR calipers. I had ordered a kit from Clarksville Fastners, 1" longer than stock to accomodate my lift, and when I originally went to install them.....the line off the caliper basically shot straight up and had to make a TIGHT bend/kink to enter the mounting bracket on the knuckle. To add insult to injury, the line would interfere with the 18" factory rims I have on it.....so CLEARLY this was not going to work.

I contacted Clarksville about this, and they didnt know why this wasnt lining up right. In case this isnt common knowledge around here, GM seems to have changed caliper design in 2005 or 2006+ from the aluminum PBR, to some cast iron lump that actually carried over to the Traverse and such. The brake line connections are in differnet places between the two....hence the problem. So, I returned them to Clarksville, and they did some research on them (actually went and picked up a set of stock earlier lines) and bent me a new set up. These fit FLAWLESSLY and bolted right up to the knuckle and the frame mount. Being stainless and 1" longer than stock, there is NO chance they are going to stretch out in a bad way with the lift I have on it.... Articulation is perfect, dont interfere with anything, and I have a ROCK hard pedal now :)

All in all a great upgrade and MAJOR KUDOS to Clarksville for exceptional customer service....highly recommended
larryk
Off-Roader

Name: Larry
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by bartonmd » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:48 am

Awesome! Always good to have a company with great customer service!

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to Lifts / Suspension