Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Side view of KO2's

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by mason10198 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:26 am

Does anyone have a pic showing the side view of a TB running BFG KO2's? I'm trying to decide between them or Wrangler Authorities.
mason10198

Name: Mason
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by TBYODA » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:49 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447436896.824645.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447436884.759459.jpg
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by HARDTRAILZ » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:58 am

Aren't the authorities the Walmart knockoff wranglers that tend to not last as long and are lighter duty?
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006

by navigator » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:55 pm

I think you would be hard pressed to find a better performing all around tire than the KO2. I read a lot about them when I was looking for an AT in a 32. I was equally impressed with the reviews on the Tokyo open country AT2 and they were a good bit cheaper at the time in the size I was looking for. I ended up going with the Toyo because of the price difference. When I was running 32s they worked great for me. Low road noise, great wet hwy handling, great in beach sand and the little mud I drove in. Last I checked it seems the Toyos have gone up and the BFGs have come down in cost. I have a friend running the Toyos on a 3/4 ton dodge Cummins and he has over 40k mostly highway miles and still has good tread to go. Since the price of the KO2s had come down, I almost bought them when I was looking for 33s. I wanted something a little more aggressive and Discount Tire had a great price on eBay so I went with the Fierce Attitudes instead. They are a great tire at a good price if you want something more aggressive.

I have only noticed two minor occasions where I felt like the Tokyo AT2 outperformed the Fierce attitudes. At a pond I fish at a good bit on wet grass/gravel I had to use 4wd to get my bass boat out when I never had to do that with the Toyos. At another place I launch frequently I had more wheel slip climbing a steep hard clay hill pulling my Jon boat. In both cases I was at full street tire pressure and it could have been a number of other factors that caused the slippage. Also, those are situations where you would expect the AT might do better. Honestly in both cases I am launching boats where most people would not put in boats of those types.

All that being said, with the price and performance of the Fierce attitudes, I would buy them again in a heartbeat. They are also pretty quiet on the highway, not much louder than ATs, and do well on wet roads. They are a great all around tire and I also get a lot of compliments on them.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
DriveTrain: 4WD

by mason10198 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:39 pm

One of the things that caught my attention with the KO2 was the durability that BFG is advertising. The A/Ts I have now have developed pretty deep cuts and scrapes all over the sidewalls, not to mention chunks missing from the main treads, and I haven't even done any serious wheeling with them yet. With that being said, abrasion and puncture/splitting resistance is kinda my sweet spot right now. The videos and info up on the BFG site along with all of the reviews I have read seem promising.

I'm also looking for a tire that will be a bit more friendly on the pavement since it's my daily driver. I want to keep road noise at a minimum and handling at max, and the KO2 looks like it would suit well.

I just checked and Fierce Attitudes would only be about $20 cheaper for me.

also, I won't be getting anything until christmas, so I'm open to any suggestions y'all have.
mason10198

by navigator » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:40 pm

Those Bfgs would be a good choice, several guys here have run them with good results.

When I bought my set of FAs, Discount tire ran an eBay special of $100 off of any purchase over $400 so I bought 2 pair and got them for about $630.
They were the 10ply also.

If you are in no hurry, keep an eye on discount tire's eBay specials they might run another sale, you might get a good deal on BFGs.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris

by mason10198 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:53 am

I know everything I said earlier about road stability and whatnot being part of the reason I wanted the KO2's, but I spent the whole past two days trying to put together the exact tire/rim setup that I wanted to run, and without spacers if possible, and I found my way into a pretty sweet eBay deal with Nitto Trail Grapplers on wheels that I really was wanting already. :shoot:

Did the calculations and they should fit me perfectly. 32" diameter on the tires, 17" rims, and backspacing that should put me at about 1/2" of UBJ clearance. Looks like this might end up on my TB... :excited: :excited: :excited:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121818500264?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
mason10198

by fishcreek » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:27 am

Are you still looking for pictures? I have Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14mm offset with 265/65r17 KO2s
fishcreek

Name: Carl
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by mason10198 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:05 pm

nope all good now!

~Sent from Tapatalk for Android~
mason10198