Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

BFG KO2 (275/70R17) Review

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by Khoranic » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:33 pm

Just picked up my new wheels/tires today, BFG KO2 275/70R17 (32.2"). Figured id start off my review thread by my initial impression of the physical design/feel of the tires. The rubber definitely feels thicker/stiffer than the original KO's. The sipes run from top of tread completely through to the base of the tire, seems as if its going to handle pretty well in rain/snow (i live in MA so ill give my thoughts on both conditions as they come up). the spacing between the tread seems slightly larger than the KO's which looks like it will dislodge mud easier. Overall very good looking tire, pretty aggressive for an all terrain. I should have these installed later this week, so ill post some short term impressions few days after. Then i will post long term as well as off road impressions to give my thought's on various terrain.

Please note, these are strictly my opinions of the tire. I will be starting a build thread soon, for pictures of the tires/wheels on the truck please refer to that thread. I will update this post with a link to the thread once i start it. (Don't want to mix it in with the review).

IMG_0897.JPG

IMG_0901.JPG

UPDATE
Okay guys, so I've put approx. 1000 miles on the tires sofar, there has been really no wear, measure same depth pretty much as when new. All i have is praise for these tires. On pavement they are quiet for what they are, not any louder than the all seasons that were on my stock wheels. I found 40PSI to be a good number as far as inflation goes with the KO2's, anything less is too squishy and anything more is like sitting on a stone bench when hitting bumps. Wet roads, down pour conditions, decent size puddles on street/highway are no issue. Have not come across one situation where the tires even thought about hydroplaning. Now for the offroad/trail capability. Incline with dry loose dirt/rock & ruts, the tires gripped and kept pulling, there were a few slight slips but nothing that would get you into trouble. The mud capability of the KO2 is excellent, Been through a few puddles that went approx 3" up the door and pulled through them fine (in 4x4), loose mud mixed with grass and no real puddle worked just as well. Once out of the mud the tires clean themselves off pretty good and you ready for your next obstacle. I will be updating this again once i get some snow here in MA as well as when the tires start to wear down some. I hope this helps with anyone on the fence with these tires. Any questions feel free to ask and ill try to answer as best as possible.
Last edited by Khoranic on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Khoranic
Cruiser

Name: Joe
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD

by thedeadtext » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:11 pm

Pulled the trigger and will have them next week. Man, they really upgraded the KO line!
thedeadtext
Cruiser

Name: Mark
Vehicle Year: 2005

by DirtyBacon04 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:10 pm

those be some sexy tires. I might have to spring for them...
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
Current Count of Transmission Rebuilds: 5.5
***The more you know, the less you need.***
USMC '07-'12
Dirty Bacon's Build
DirtyBacon04

Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Anthony Hernandez » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:35 am

Dude! Those are sick, they really went all out in the design... I may wait to see if they upgrade those crap km2's...but then again, I do WANT new tires now lmao
Marks3"-moog 14's-fox shocks-z71's-4.56 gears-rear locker-
My build - viewtopic.php?f=74&t=6225
Anthony Hernandez
Trail-Blazer

Name: Anthony
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Khoranic » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:25 am

I have updated my initial post (review) after 1000 miles on the tires.
Khoranic
Cruiser

Name: Joe
Vehicle Year: 2003

Return to Wheels / Tires