Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Video Editing

Discussion of photos, video, cameras, and post-processing.

by wink » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:19 pm

I recently ordered a GoPro HD Hero and was wondering what everybody uses for editing their videos.
wink ;>
my build
wink
Off-Roader

Name: Kevin
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Nakashige » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:28 pm

Final Cut Pro not Final Cut X
or
Adobe Premiere Pro

I am a manager for my colleges hockey team I have to edit after every game I use ether of the two software packages depending if it on the laptop in my truck or at home on my mac
Nakashige
Vendor

Name: Ben Caesar
Vehicle Year: 2003

by Trail X » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:26 am

Final Cut only works on Macs, right?

Adobe Premiere sounds awesome, and I'd love to have it, but it's darn expensive.

I found Cyberlink Power Director, and it works fine for most stuff. It just doesn't have AS in-depth control as premiere. Which is fine for me, for now.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by The Roadie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:05 am

JamesDowning wrote:...Cyberlink Power Director, and it works fine for most stuff. ...
Same here. Great minds.......
:friday:
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by wink » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:20 am

Thanks for the input. Don't need anything to crazy, just cheap and easy to use. :thumleft:
wink ;>
my build
wink
Off-Roader

Name: Kevin

by djthumper » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:15 am

Sony Vegas is pretty good on the PC, I use an older pro version and will probably just get the studio version next time around.
djthumper

Name: Larry

by TBYODA » Fri May 30, 2014 2:21 am

I know this is old thread but did not see reason to start a new post for my question/issue. Looking for pointers and maybe better software.

I had a little trouble with this video and the include video sound of the following taken with a gopro (viewtopic.php?f=57&t=5264&p=105130#p105130)

I am using the GoPro Studio to convert, edit and export to youtube format. For some reason the go pro studio would strip the included sound in step 2 aka story board. What I did first is clip out the set up of the gopro and had two videos I wanted to splice back together with a little fade in on the second video. I wanted to keep the sound on this video because you can nicely hear all the mechanics going on, especially a satisfying clunk on a steel bumper. :mrgreen: To get the sound to work I had to rip the sound out of the raw video with VLC and then place it it back in with story board as i combined the two videos. But what I don't get is if I play the two separate videos the sound is fine. :scratch: :scratch: I hope this is not the norm with video editing cause it would be a PITA if you got a bunch of clips and sound. If you are just adding some random music to video well that is easy. Maybe its the go pro studio software. Thanks for any help guys. I have been pulling what little hair I have left cause I would not let it beat me. :viking: I am just looking to cut down and/or improve the editing process. :cheers: :work:

Jame/ Bill are you still using Cyberlink Power Director?
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by Trail X » Sat May 31, 2014 10:46 pm

I am. I think I have version 10. It works fine. If you are on a windows machine, there's also a free movie editing program made by microsoft called movie maker that can do the simple stuff that you are desiring. There's also no standard youtube format. Youtube will accept nearly any video format, so don't limit yourself.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to Photography and Video