Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Trailblazer Body Lift Group Buy

Products offered by our vendor: Zone Offroad

Moderator: Zone Offroad

Forum rules
All posts in this section pertain to our vendor:

by Mooseknuckle » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:13 pm

is this still going on? what is the deal how much we talking for 2 inch body lift??
I don't dial 911
Mooseknuckle
Addict

Name: Jeff
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by bgwolfpack » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:30 pm

Mooseknuckle wrote:is this still going on? what is the deal how much we talking for 2 inch body lift??
We have a quiet but strong part of the market for this product here on this little site. I'd bet you still can buy a full kit for the $386.46 price. I doubt much thought will go into the bracketless idea again though.
bgwolfpack
Veteran

Name: Randy
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by TangoBravo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:30 pm

Don't know if you have noticed but, alot of us would much rather have a 3" kit. To the point of piecing one together. I think you might do better changing what's needed to offer us a 3" kit with or without bumper brackets, I for one know that if I put on a 3" body lift I am not going to need the bumper brackets because I will be going with a bumper designed for the 3" lift.
Scouts Out, Carbon County Search and Rescue/Carbon County volunteer firefighter.

Ams oil products bumper to bumper, Treadwright Guard Dogs, 3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift 1.5" spacers, swaybar trashcan mod, quad headlight mod
TangoBravo
Addict

Name: Robert
Vehicle Year: 2004

by Diacom » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:57 pm

TangoBravo wrote:Don't know if you have noticed but, alot of us would much rather have a 3" kit. To the point of piecing one together. I think you might do better changing what's needed to offer us a 3" kit with or without bumper brackets, I for one know that if I put on a 3" body lift I am not going to need the bumper brackets because I will be going with a bumper designed for the 3" lift.

And for the rear?
Diacom
Addict

Name: Noel
Vehicle Year: 2003
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by TangoBravo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:17 pm

Diacom wrote:
TangoBravo wrote:Don't know if you have noticed but, alot of us would much rather have a 3" kit. To the point of piecing one together. I think you might do better changing what's needed to offer us a 3" kit with or without bumper brackets, I for one know that if I put on a 3" body lift I am not going to need the bumper brackets because I will be going with a bumper designed for the 3" lift.

And for the rear?

you mean to keep the rear stock bumper? I know I would rather have a 3" body lift and a custom front and rear bumper then a 2" body lift and stock bumpers. Once you move up to a suspension and body lift it's time to beef up both bumpers anyhow unless it's a mall cruiser IMO.

Im just putting it out there that if they want to offer a body lift without bumper brackets then what's the harm in it being a 3" kit. Alot of us are waiting for that right now anyhow.
Scouts Out, Carbon County Search and Rescue/Carbon County volunteer firefighter.

Ams oil products bumper to bumper, Treadwright Guard Dogs, 3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift 1.5" spacers, swaybar trashcan mod, quad headlight mod
TangoBravo
Addict

by Diacom » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:12 pm

TangoBravo wrote:

you mean to keep the rear stock bumper? I know I would rather have a 3" body lift and a custom front and rear bumper then a 2" body lift and stock bumpers. Once you move up to a suspension and body lift it's time to beef up both bumpers anyhow unless it's a mall cruiser IMO.

Im just putting it out there that if they want to offer a body lift without bumper brackets then what's the harm in it being a 3" kit. Alot of us are waiting for that right now anyhow.

That was my point. There isn't a rear bumper designed for a 3" lift. Mike has front bumpers but I don't think anyone has a rear bumper you can just order, your looking at custom fab. So until someone makes up a bumper the brackets would come in handy. :flower:
Diacom
Addict

Name: Noel
Vehicle Year: 2003
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by TangoBravo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:41 pm

Yeah I get what your sayin, but for what Im doing I would much rather have the 3" body lift and no cosmetic bumper then a 2" with a bumper.

TangoBravo
Addict

by TangoBravo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Anyhow to the OP I am sorry for jacking your thread, I was just trying to bring up that alot of us are wanting a 3" that's all. Some would like to keep the cosmetic bumpers so it might be worth looking into was all I was tryin to get at.

TangoBravo
Addict

by NC_IslandRunner » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:19 pm

I don't know of anyone on this site using cosmetic bumpers. Some have custom and some have stock but you would get laughed at with a cosmetic one on this site.
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
NC_IslandRunner

Name: Rory
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by MrSmithsTB » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:29 pm

I think he is talking about being able to keep the bumper cover installed. Really, you could get this 2" kit, buy 3" blocks and longer bolts, trim the bottom of the bumper cover to clear the reinforcing bar, and add some 1" square tube to that bar to keep it as a functioning step. Structurally sound and aesthetically pleasing. You'd also need to extend the radiator mounts.

I think if zone would sell the steering extension separately, they would net more profit selling those and bulk blocks than selling kits only. But that is obviously out of the consumers hands.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

Name: Bob
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by TangoBravo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:56 pm

NC_IslandRunner wrote:I don't know of anyone on this site using cosmetic bumpers. Some have custom and some have stock but you would get laughed at with a cosmetic one on this site.

Yeah that shiny plastic thing on the back of your TB isn't really a bumper it's a cosmetic cover, just in case you were confused.

TangoBravo
Addict

by TangoBravo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:02 am

MrSmithsTB wrote: I think if zone would sell the steering extension separately, they would net more profit selling those and bulk blocks than selling kits only. But that is obviously out of the consumers hands.

I agree, but then again I don't need the bumper brackets and don't mind doing any fab anyhow. I was just trying to find a to help Zone help us. Speaking for myself I won't buy there 2" kit because I can piece a 3" together instead but, if Zone were to take the idea and run with it then I would save the hassle of piecing one and just buy there 3" kit.

TangoBravo
Addict

by MrSmithsTB » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:56 am

TangoBravo wrote:I agree, but then again I don't need the bumper brackets and don't mind doing any fab anyhow. I was just trying to find a to help Zone help us. Speaking for myself I won't buy there 2" kit because I can piece a 3" together instead but, if Zone were to take the idea and run with it then I would save the hassle of piecing one and just buy there 3" kit.

I totally get what you are saying. Although I decided to do a 2" lift, I pieced it together sans bumper brackets. Got the block from Zone, bolts from Fastenal, and the extension from a friend. I got bolts long enough to use with 3" blocks, just in case I decide that 2" just won't cut it. I am going to have Barton make a front bumper for me eventually, and I will probably make one for the rear over the winter.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

Name: Bob
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by NC_IslandRunner » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:42 pm

TangoBravo wrote:
NC_IslandRunner wrote:I don't know of anyone on this site using cosmetic bumpers. Some have custom and some have stock but you would get laughed at with a cosmetic one on this site.

Yeah that shiny plastic thing on the back of your TB isn't really a bumper it's a cosmetic cover, just in case you were confused.

Not confused, the stock bumper cover is not just cosmetic. I would consider it cosmetic if it was on thee for the sole reason of looks. Are trucks are bulky anyway but it still has a use, more so to people with sports cars but still is important part.
The one on the back I step on all the time and is less slippery than the metal, they make covered bumpers to lower cost.

It you don't believe be just hit the interstate and drive 70-80mph without it and you will learn about aerodynamics. :slap:

Sorry getting off topic :oops:
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
NC_IslandRunner

Name: Rory
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by TangoBravo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:21 pm

NC_IslandRunner wrote:Not confused, the stock bumper cover is not just cosmetic. I would consider it cosmetic if it was on thee for the sole reason of looks. Are trucks are bulky anyway but it still has a use, more so to people with sports cars but still is important part.
The one on the back I step on all the time and is less slippery than the metal, they make covered bumpers to lower cost.

It you don't believe be just hit the interstate and drive 70-80mph without it and you will learn about aerodynamics. :slap:

Sorry getting off topic :oops:

If your that concerned about your aerodynamics, then you shouldn't lift anything any amount. Many members on here run no front covers, or no rear covers, or both. But we are concerned more with clearance issues then mall cruising and our aerodynamics.

TangoBravo
Addict

Previous

Return to Zone Offroad