Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

2010 MDB Bumper / Rad Skid / Oil Pan Skid GB

Products offered by our vendor: BartonMD

Moderator: bartonmd

Forum rules
All posts in this section pertain to our vendor:

by bartonmd » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:19 am

It's here! The MDB 2010 Bumper/Rad Skid/Oil Pan Skid Group Buy!

GB orders/money/deposits taken for (2) weeks… Monday August 30th to Sunday September 12th…

Prices:

ETA: GB is over. These are current prices:
- Stock body-frame bumper - $350 + shipping as shown (Options below)
- 3" body lift bumper - $375 + shipping as shown (Options below)
- Radiator skid - $260 + shipping
- Oil pan skid - $165 shipped

Discounts: There is a $10 military discount per item.

Money:
I know a lot of folks don't have the money to just pony up with 1 paycheck's notice. I'd rather get most of these done as a GB, and would rather you get the GB price on these, so if you can't pony up the whole amount in the next 2 weeks, I can take a $100 deposit per piece (i.e, $100 for just bumper, $100 for just rad skid, $200 deposit for bumper + rad skid) in these 2 weeks, then you can pay in the month to 6 weeks following, before I ship them… PM me with any money or payment questions or requests, and we'll see what we can work out. I can take Paypal, Money Order, or Cashier's Check made out to Michael Barton. PM me for my Paypal address.

Shipping:
Some of you are working out, or will work out shipping to TECORE with one of us from around here, for a small fee. Shipping will be on a case-by-case basis. I will need your zip code for shipping. This should probably be done by PM. Also, please note whether it would have to come via UPS/Fedex, or if you can get it shipped to work via pallet/truck shipping… Won't save you any shipping on just a radiator skid, though.

Bumpers:

These are "For Off-Road Use Only" because they are not crash tested or anything, just like any other aftermarket bumper... If you want to run them on the street, that's your business.

Bumpers come with several options, and can mainly be divided into "stock" and "body lift".

Stock body-to-frame bumpers are $350 + shipping as shown, and 3" body lift bumpers are $375 + shipping as shown. Price adjusters include:

Body-blending "wings" - $25
2" receiver hitch - $50
No shackle mounts - Minus $25

Things to note:
For both bumpers, you will need to grind the top of the bumper-bolt sleeve in the frame to be flush with the top of the frame. This provides a steadier mounting surface, and stops the bumper from being able to tip. If you need to go back to stock, you can just put (2) 1/2" washers on top of the frame right there, and your stock bumper support will go right back on.

The bumper uses your stock mounting bolts, but since the tow hooks replace the nuts on the stock bumper, I'll include nuts.

These are not yet available for Envoys or the '07+ LT versions with the grill that extends below the headlights.

Paint: These come painted in the black / dark grey Rustoleum "hammer finish" brush-on paint… It may or may not look that great. If you don't want it painted (i.e., you want it a different color, etc., and are going to paint it yourself, or modify it in some way), let me know this.

Bumper design thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1105" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pics:

Stock body-frame bumper:

With Wings:

3" body lift bumper:

The blended piece for the 3" body lift bumper will be similar to the one for the regular bumper.

With Wings:

3" body lift bumper for '06+ Trailblazer LT

Radiator Skids:

The radiator skids come in 2 versions… Both are $260 + shipping... The later ('04+?) Trailblazers have the front anti-roll bar going through the frame, so they can take the radiator skid as shown below. The early Trailblazers and Envoys have the anti-roll bar in front of the IFS subframe, which means the rad skid will be missing the horizontal top tabs that mount directly to the frame, as there is no room. If you have an early 360/370 and have taken your anti-roll bar out, you can get the slightly stronger, later model version. Just let me know this.

There is a $20 adder for the radiator skid being able to take stock tow hooks, if you're going to keep your stock bumper cover, and not get one of my bumpers. You will have to cut around the stock tow hook inner mounting bolt hole in your bumper cover, because there is a piece of sheet metal sticking up right there, for mounting the tow hook. The stock tow hooks also require taking out some material along the edges of the front section of the rad plate, and therefore make the plate slightly weaker… If you plan on keeping your stock bumper, like I say, this is acceptable, and about the only way to get front tow points. If you're getting one of my bumpers, then I suggest not getting this option.

The bumper is compatible with 3" body lift with stock bumper cover, as well as my 3" body lift bumper.

Paint: These come painted in the black / dark grey Rustoleum "hammer finish" brush-on paint… It may or may not look that great. If you don't want it painted, I can take off $10. Let me know this.

Bolt head protectors are a $10 adder for the rear (2) bolts.

These come with all the mounting hardware.

If you've already got one of my oil pan skids with the lip on the front, you'll need to remove that lip to be able to easily remove the oil pan skid without dropping the rad plate.

Rad plate thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1033&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pictures:

Kyle's with bumper on (and 3" body lift)

On mine (no body lift)

Oil Pan Skids:

You've seen 'em… You've maybe/probably got 'em… In case you don't, they are $165 shipped in the CONUS… If you get all 3 and get them pallet shipped, take $20 shipping off of that price, and whatever it adds to group shipping will be added to your pallet shipping cost...

If you are going to also get the radiator skid, let me know, and I'll take off the front lip… This will make it easier to change the oil by allowing you to just slide the oil pan plate back and out, instead of having to drop the rad plate, as well.

Bolt protectors are a $20 adder for all 4, but if you're getting the radiator skid, you'll only want the rear (2), as the front (2) will be on the rad skid. If you're getting the rad skid, the rear (2) bolt head protectors are a $10 adder.

Bolt head protectors:

Thanks,
Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by HARDTRAILZ » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:16 pm

I will say that everyone that goes offroad needs part if not all of the outstanding products. They have saved my ass and have allowed me to do far beyond what I would have been able to without the protection or approach angle these allow. Hopefully everyone can get in on this and save themsleves some cash later and much heartache from broken parts.

I have all 3 parts of this system and can't imagine using anything else.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by janesy86 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:24 pm

:Iagree: Mikes products are top notch! I got the two skids so far and can't wait for the bumper!! :cheers: :excited:
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes

by teebes » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:04 pm

Everyone on this site should at a minimum, own this piece of hardware, no questions asked:

Good stuff, Mike!!!
teebes
Founder

Name: Teebes
Vehicle Year: 2002

by bartonmd » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:22 pm

Thanks, guys!

We'll see how many folks we can get in on this!

The deposit pretty well pays for the material, so even if it's going to be a little longer before you can pay in full, I'd much rather you get in on the GB, so I get a better price on the setup charges and stuff... I don't want to be hanging on for full payment for a year or anything, but as long as you let me know what's going on, and don't expect to get it shipped before you pay for it, it's cool... These are PM topics, though, so if you have any questions or anything, please let me know...

Thanks,
Mike
bartonmd

by fishsticks » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:14 pm

I don't see an actual price posted on the rad skid posted in this thread. Am I blind?

Mike, you might want to list all of the prices in one spot at the beginning or end of the post for clarity.
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by bartonmd » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:18 pm

Whoops, just added the rad skid price... $230 + shipping...

Thanks, I'll put it all at the front, when I get out of this meeting...

Mike
bartonmd

by bartonmd » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:45 pm

fishsticks wrote:Mike, you might want to list all of the prices in one spot at the beginning or end of the post for clarity.

Thanks, done!

Mike
bartonmd

by bartonmd » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:14 pm

The "MTA Bumper+Rad Plate Mafia" now officially consists of:

Me
HardtrailZ400
Janesy86
Dirty Anton
bartonmd

by bartonmd » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:04 am

bartonmd wrote:The "MTA Bumper+Rad Plate Mafia" now officially consists of:

Me
HardtrailZ400
Janesy86
Dirty Anton
Diacom

Added Diacom last night!

Mike
bartonmd

by Zero » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:09 am

I just noticed something....can the rad skid be bolted on if the oil skid has the bolt head protectors welded on? Or am I gona have to cut them off?
Zero
Veteran

Name: Brendan
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by bartonmd » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:02 am

Zero wrote:I just noticed something....can the rad skid be bolted on if the oil skid has the bolt head protectors welded on? Or am I gona have to cut them off?

You're going to have to cut them off... 5 minutes with an angle grinder...

Mike
bartonmd

by bartonmd » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:44 pm

Added and bolded the "For Off Road Use Only" on the bumpers, above... Same as any other aftermarket bumper... They're not crash tested, so if you want to run them on the street, that's your choice.

Mike
bartonmd

by djthumper » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:37 pm

Hey I thought you said it was tested the other night when someone backed into you. ;)
djthumper

Name: Larry
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Regulator1175 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:35 am

Me
HardtrailZ400
Janesy86
Dirty Anton

Hey, don't forget about me! I figure I will be the number three man on your list, only following you and Kyle!

I will certainly be planning the fall Tecore trip, and will be more then willing to pull my trailer up there loaded with armor for any of the East coast buyers.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

Name: Matthew McClelland
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by bartonmd » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:26 am

Regulator1175 wrote:

Me
HardtrailZ400
Janesy86
Dirty Anton

Hey, don't forget about me! I figure I will be the number three man on your list, only following you and Kyle!

I will certainly be planning the fall Tecore trip, and will be more then willing to pull my trailer up there loaded with armor for any of the East coast buyers.

Yeah, but then there's the question of where you park your trailer for 3 days, in a strange town... I'm sure that between the 3 of us taking 1-2 each, we can get them all there inside and/or on racks...

Thanks,
Mike
bartonmd

by bartonmd » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:33 pm

Finished blending wings...

bartonmd

by cbbryan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:17 pm

That's some pretty sweet armor there Mike. Too bad I don't have any money currently; hopefully after I finish iBOLC I will though. Any plans on a rear bumper?
cbbryan
Trail-Blazer

Name: Chris

by bartonmd » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:29 pm

cbbryan wrote:That's some pretty sweet armor there Mike. Too bad I don't have any money currently; hopefully after I finish iBOLC I will though. Any plans on a rear bumper?

Thanks!

It really depends on what others come out with... I'm a little less excited about the rear bumper, given that I'd be replacing the stock "hitch"... I'd do one for/with Kyle or somebody, but I'd have to see how it shook out before doing "production" with one... I really don't like the thought of somebody towing a travel trailer or car trailer with "my" rear bumper/hitch, though... I'm certain it would be strong enough, but it just makes me nervous...

Mike
bartonmd

by cbbryan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:38 pm

That's understandable; I get nervous with things I know how to do if I don't have a lot of experience. I think they would hold up just fine. As soon as I get my truck lifted, I'll be coming to you for these products, although that may be awhile (like another year). I swear I'm going to get the "about damn time achievement" for longest time taken to go from stock to lifted.
cbbryan
Trail-Blazer

Name: Chris

Next

Return to MDB Fabrication