Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Wheeler's Straps..

Products offered by our vendor: OregTrailBlazin

Moderator: OregTrailBlazin

Forum rules
All posts in this section pertain to our vendor:

by OregTrailBlazin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:58 pm

Just added some new strap's and color options to the site. We can make them in any length and any color shown..

(the orange one is my new strap!! :mrgreen: )

With Cordura wraps on the end, and an optional Cordura slider on the strap to rest against tree's or rock to help cut down in abrasion.

They also have a red core warning yarn that when visible, means you have structurally compromised or damaged the strap.

Check them out here-- http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/towstrap.htm
Last edited by OregTrailBlazin on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Kurz
General Manager
541-474-2879
Wheeler's Off-Road Inc.
Our Vendor Section
OregTrailBlazin
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Johnathan Kurz
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Trail X » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:40 pm

Nice offering!

If anyone here doesn't have a proper recovery strap... YOU SHOULD!

Johnny,... is there a color convention among strap companies? I thought orange was the new convention for "dynamic strap"?
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by OregTrailBlazin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:48 pm

JamesDowning wrote:Nice offering!

If anyone here doesn't have a proper recovery strap... YOU SHOULD!

Johnny,... is there a color convention among strap companies? I thought orange was the new convention for "dynamic strap"?

The industry standard has started to color code things a bit (Mainly ARB and Viking straps).. The orange is generally the Dynamic recovery strap, and the green is usually the Static tree strap..

But you don't have to be a conformist. :twisted: . I Plan on getting a Yellow with the black cordura and a Grey one for snatch straps!! I'll probably go green for my tree strap since that is becoming a standard, and green seems to go with tree's ;) !!..
Johnny Kurz
General Manager
541-474-2879
Wheeler's Off-Road Inc.
Our Vendor Section
OregTrailBlazin
Off-Road Vendor

by OregTrailBlazin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:11 pm

I guess I should add, the BEST part about color coding your straps, it makes it much, MUCH easier to grab the right strap out of your box when needed!.. Nothing worse than grabbing the end of your 40'-er thinking its your 10' strap! (expecially when you have everybody watching :wallbash: )
Johnny Kurz
General Manager
541-474-2879
Wheeler's Off-Road Inc.
Our Vendor Section
OregTrailBlazin
Off-Road Vendor

by fishsticks » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Those are nice looking pieces!

IMO I'm under strapped at the moment... (Only have a 20' static) so these will be added to my list.
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by djthumper » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:19 pm

I definitely need add a few more straps. I only have a 20' right now.
djthumper

Name: Larry
Vehicle Year: 2006

by The Roadie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:31 pm

I have one of Johnny's 2009 YELLOW ones. Now I see he makes me buy more to be a collection completist. Sigh......

But I can't buy from somebody who says it's a web "sight". I got standards. :roll: :poke: :finger:

Now I'm working full-time, I gotta upgrade the winch line to synthetic. Assume you got that?
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by KE7WOX » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:02 pm

Probably ordering one this weekend, since my old strap was damaged during some camping shenanigans.

Are there custom straps already made in common lenghts. Let's say I'd like a 30' orange one with cordura on the loops. Does it take extra time to have it made? or is it in stock and takes the same time to be shipped as a regular, yellow one would? And how much more expensive does it get?
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

Name: Felipe G

by Zero » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:32 am

I sadly, have no straps. And now that we have a local vendor making these, Ill spend my money here instead of ARB's website to keep the funds local and the new parts coming!
Zero
Veteran

Name: Brendan
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by glfredrick » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:46 am

The Roadie wrote:I have one of Johnny's 2009 YELLOW ones. Now I see he makes me buy more to be a collection completist. Sigh......

But I can't buy from somebody who says it's a web "sight". I got standards. :roll: :poke: :finger:

Now I'm working full-time, I gotta upgrade the winch line to synthetic. Assume you got that?

In the case that he doesn't have synthetic winch line, check winchline.com. Some of the best stuff at decent prices. Lots of places will sell you Amstel Blue synth winchline, but they won't tell you that there are different grades and that the grade makes a huge difference.

Great looking straps BTW. I like the idea of an indicator thread. I'm currently running a Pro Comp 30' 3" model -- serves most of my needs. I wa fortunate enough to pick one up one time when Summit mis-priced them for $39.95. Liked the $50 savings!
http://www.UCORA.org == The United Christian Off-Road Alliance, a family friendly place
2003 Trailblazer = got groceries?
1995 Dodge RAM 2500 w/Cummins = got tow rig?
1986-90 Ford Ranger truggy = got rock?
glfredrick
Contributing Author

Name: Guy
Vehicle Year: 2003

by OregTrailBlazin » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:59 pm

KE7WOX wrote:Probably ordering one this weekend, since my old strap was damaged during some camping shenanigans.

Are there custom straps already made in common lenghts. Let's say I'd like a 30' orange one with cordura on the loops. Does it take extra time to have it made? or is it in stock and takes the same time to be shipped as a regular, yellow one would? And how much more expensive does it get?

I don't have the Orange in stock, but they are quick to build them up for me. I do have the yellow straps on the shelf (which have the black cordura wrapped ends, unlike what's pictured on our site). The Yellow, Green, Grey, and Orange are all the same price.

Zero wrote:I sadly, have no straps. And now that we have a local vendor making these, Ill spend my money here instead of ARB's website to keep the funds local and the new parts coming!

We would love to have your business!! And if your really fond of the ARB's, I have most of them on the shelf ready to go!!
Johnny Kurz
General Manager
541-474-2879
Wheeler's Off-Road Inc.
Our Vendor Section
OregTrailBlazin
Off-Road Vendor

by Blackout » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:49 pm

Just got my first actual use out of the straps I bought for Christmas. Some guy was stuck heavy in a ditch behind my apartment. Saw him there when I went to take my dog out and drove my TB around, hooked up, and gave him a couple yanks. Came right out.
Blackout
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brian

Return to Wheeler's Off-Road Inc