Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Leveling/lift question

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by BLAZED » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:56 pm

I am new to suspension and lifting vehicles so please don't flame me for asking what may be a stupid question (or questions)

I just installed a 2" Rough Country leveling kit on my 03 TB ext. I love it, but now I have caught the bug and want more. I am wondering it I wanted to lift 3" all the way around, does the leveling kit have to come out? Or can the lift be stacked with the leveling kit? Also what is the best route to go as far as keeping it low budget but also having good quality? Thanks all
BLAZED

Name: Brit
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Diacom » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:45 pm

Brit,

If you wish to lift 3" in suspension, then yes, your Rough Country kit will need to come out in part or entirely, depending on what parts come with the 3".

However, if you are talking about a 3" body lift, then no, you can keep the Rough Country lift in place and add the body lift to supplement the suspension lift.

Our lifts are already more on the budget side compared to many other vehicles, so forgo low budget and get the best quality you can. Even the higher quality products typically cost sub $1000 including new shocks. Anything more than that for either a suspension or a body lift is really not better quality but just plain over priced.

Unless you plan to ditch the ifs and go full on SAS you can find price effective lifts. But it's not just the lift. You have to figure new tires typically. Some protection, for the vehicle as well as yourself. Higher wear and tear on parts which will necessitate more maintenance. This is typically where our budgets start to get costly.
Diacom
Addict

Name: Noel
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to Lifts / Suspension