Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

New guy in CA

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by lukeclement » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Hey guys, hows it going? I found this site while exploring the offroad section of the trailvoy website, and have found it to be very useful.

So, a little about me:
My name is Luke, Im 19 years old, and I live in a little town near the central coast of California. I've grown up camping, wheeling, exploring, and (as us millennials like to call it) "Overlanding."
I recently purchased a 2003 Trailblazer LTZ 4x4 with about 120k on it, in very nice condition. I haven't done any mods yet, but I have replaced a water pump. My plans for the vehicle are to make it handle some gentle wheeling, and to be setup for long road trips. I plan on a slight lift, slightly bigger tires, and heavier springs in the rear to support a roof top tent, some recovery gear, and a spare tire swing out bumper. I have already found a ton of useful information, and look forward to learning, sharing, and getting to know the forum a little better over the next few years.
lukeclement

Name: Luke
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Flyingfischer5 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Welcome to the site!

The setup I'm running right now sound pretty close to what you are looking to do. Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help! I can even post or send you some photos of mine if you'd like me to.
Flyingfischer5
Off-Roader

Name: Craig
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Diacom » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:39 pm

Welcome Luke,

Sounds like you have a pretty good idea for what you want to do. That will help a lot as long as you avoid going overboard once you get started. It's easy to do. Keep to your plan and enjoy your TB.
Diacom
Addict

Name: Noel
Vehicle Year: 2003
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"