Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

BDS lift

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by GiedriusZ » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:21 pm

Hello,

I'm thinking about installing BDS lift 2". http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=5& ... =2002-2009. I read this viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20 . but still have some questions.
1. Is this type of lift ideal for original shock absorbers, or do you need longer ones?
2. Do I need to modify anything else with other parts of the the transmission?
3. I like how soft it is now going the TB, and after installation the lift will the car drive soft to?.
Giedrius, Lithuania
------------------
Chevy Trailblazer LTZ, 4x4
GiedriusZ
Cruiser

Name: Giedrius
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by cpyonker » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:42 pm

It will stiffen up a bit. Using the stock springs will help retain some of it. But the front lifts it by increasing shock preload which lifts it.

But it would help to know what your goal is with this build.
cpyonker
Trail-Blazer

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by GiedriusZ » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:42 am

I want to install lift kit because the car is a little too low for me. We have a farmstead. And in the Autumn, in the spring, there are poor gravel roads to her. And it's difficult to drive up to her. In my previous car, the subaru outback from the ground to the bottom was 26cm (10 ") and the TB is now 21cm (8.3") so I want a little more height. Now I'm thinking of putting the wheels 245 / 70R17 and later instal 2" lift kit.

cpyonker wrote:It will stiffen up a bit. Using the stock springs will help retain some of it. But the front lifts it by increasing shock preload which lifts it.

Giedrius, Lithuania
------------------
GiedriusZ
Cruiser

by cpyonker » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:33 am

GiedriusZ wrote:I want to install lift kit because the car is a little too low for me. We have a farmstead. And in the Autumn, in the spring, there are poor gravel roads to her. And it's difficult to drive up to her. In my previous car, the subaru outback from the ground to the bottom was 26cm (10 ") and the TB is now 21cm (8.3") so I want a little more height. Now I'm thinking of putting the wheels 245 / 70R17 and later instal 2" lift kit.

cpyonker wrote:It will stiffen up a bit. Using the stock springs will help retain some of it. But the front lifts it by increasing shock preload which lifts it.

You could do a 2 inch body lift and 32s. That would get your desired ground clearance and retain most of your ride quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cpyonker
Trail-Blazer

by GiedriusZ » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:43 am

I'm now thinking of replacing the front shock absorber. Because one is already slightly lubricating. Which front shock absorber would be recommended for 2" lift?
Giedrius, Lithuania
------------------
GiedriusZ
Cruiser

by cpyonker » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:33 am

With the 2 inch RC leveling kit it simply uses shock preload to lift it. So if the BDS is the same,which I believe it is. Your stock shock length will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cpyonker
Trail-Blazer

Return to Lifts / Suspension