Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Tecore questions

Dumping ground for offroad Trailblazer or Envoy general discussion.

by Fisker » Wed May 11, 2016 10:37 pm

Hey guys! I got some general questions regarding tecore. Is there any requirements like paperwork, age requirements ext. to be eligible to go? What are the general vehicle requirements/recommendations( meaning lift, tire size, armor ext.)gear Recommendations /requirements( camping gear, ext.). Also around what time of year should I be looking to have everything ready if I wanted to do something like that.
Fisker
Off-Roader

Name: Avery Fisk
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu May 12, 2016 9:08 am

There use to be a list of general vehicle requirement or recommendations at one point. armor and tires w spare basically.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Fisker » Thu May 12, 2016 9:10 am

Alright I'll look for it thanks
Fisker
Off-Roader

by Fisker » Thu May 12, 2016 9:33 am

Okay. I searched for it, and then went through site rules/questions ext.,trips,off-road descussion and still couldn't find something. From the videos and the chatter about TECORE it seems really interesting. I am sure I do not stand alone as someone who wonders what is required for a trip like this and would consider goin if they knew what they needed. TECORE seems like a big deal and a crazy amount of fun. I think a general requirements and recommendations post somewhere where everyone can easily find it would be cool. I would do it myself but I can't find what I would need! Lol
Fisker
Off-Roader

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu May 12, 2016 9:40 am

I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
HARDTRAILZ

by Fisker » Thu May 12, 2016 9:55 am

Yeah I saw that, but it says nothing of vehicle requirements it only talks about tents and stuff that seems fairly obvious.
Fisker
Off-Roader

by Fisker » Thu May 12, 2016 9:58 am

2016 9:57 am
Most of that stuff is common camping equipment. I'm looking for vehicle require nts and things of that nature. If there isn't any I would be disappointed coming and finding out that I can't participate because I don't have at least a three inch lift and an aftermarket front bumper. You see where I am going here?
Fisker
Off-Roader

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu May 12, 2016 10:10 am

There is no requirements like that. It is common sense really. Bring a good running and maintained vehicle with good tires including spare. Recovery point front and rear. Rear can be the factory hitch. Armor is smart, but its your risk. Lift is not really needed, but clearance does not hurt you. Nice to bring straps and such, but typically plenty around.

Remember this is no formal thing. Its been a bunch of us off here going out and cruising through the woods. No one is going to inspect your vehicle. I did alot of trails in 2wd and I did some ledges at first thought kinda ridiculous at a crawl with spotters while others went around, but now done by many. It is more about fun and such than meeting requirements. Everyone wants to help and let people gain experience.
HARDTRAILZ

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu May 12, 2016 10:15 am

I found this old thing on one of the posts. Certainly not a real requirement list, but another view on things. I did most of Dictum in 2wd for fun. We also had some fun with a stock height vehicle needing some coaxing on it. That is what makes it interesting.

firefox2501 wrote:Welcome aboard.

There are no fees for the trail or anything else associated with the ride itself. Obviously you will have to cover your gas, but that is about it.

But you truck should be ready for it. At least 31" tires with a radiator skid plate is recommended for Flagpole Run - one of the trails that we usually run. The same is recommended for Dictum Ridge which there has been some discussion about hitting. If you are running 33" or larger, then the skid plates are more optional, but still recommended.

Personally, I consider a full size spare to be mandatory - but I am not the trail boss for this ride.

Because it is a three day, two night trip, camping gear and food for three days would be needed. JD does not like leaving the trail much - and I really don't blame him. So you will have to pack in everything you want to eat, drink (beers welcome, don't forget water), and sleep in. This includes anything you need to cook with - stove, pots/pans, jetboil for hot water, that sort of thing. Clothing for the weather and for the number of days would be needed. For weather planning, use Sugar Grove, WV as the location.

Most of the shared gear is covered already - things like chainsaws, hatchets, axes, and other campfire kit.

But I think the most important thing is a good attitude. There are a great bunch of folks on this list and we usually have a lot of fun.
HARDTRAILZ

by Fisker » Thu May 12, 2016 10:21 am

I appreciate the posts HARDTRAILZ. I look forward to trying to attend one of these meets to meet up with the guys who have made my TB where I wanted it from the day I bought it. What time of year does this usually happen?
Fisker
Off-Roader

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu May 12, 2016 10:27 am

Used to happen a couple times a year. Not as often lately, but I would not mind getting back down there. i also want a return trip to TN.
HARDTRAILZ

by Fisker » Thu May 12, 2016 11:32 am

HARDTRAILZ wrote:Used to happen a couple times a year. Not as often lately, but I would not mind getting back down there. i also want a return trip to TN.

That makes it sound like it's usually in the same area? And TN is pretty, same mountains as nc tho! Closer to home for me lol :lol: ;)
Fisker
Off-Roader

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu May 12, 2016 11:37 am

Tecore is basically in the same area every time.

Windrock is the best offroad I have been a part of.
HARDTRAILZ

by Fisker » Thu May 12, 2016 8:33 pm

Where about is it usually?
Fisker
Off-Roader

by bartonmd » Thu May 12, 2016 9:10 pm

In the mountains near Harrisonburg, VA, where 33 crosses into WV.

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007

by Fisker » Thu May 12, 2016 9:21 pm

Not that far away then only 4 hours from my house! lol Ill be looking out for the announcement post. Hopefully by then I have no bumper cover and a rock solid skid plate!
Fisker
Off-Roader

by v7guy » Tue May 24, 2016 12:19 am

I'm late to this, but in fairness I've been in Puerto Rico largely ignoring life. LOL

There's lots of good advice here, personally I think it's a good idea to do an oil pan skid and radiator skid. At worse it'll do nothing, at best Mike's armor will once again save a radiator. Most guys tend to show up with a basic suspension lift and 32s but we've had stock trucks out there if I recall correctly.

We used to go twice a year, and it's always been in George Washington National Forest since I've been following along. Generally once in the spring and once in the fall. We didn't get together this spring, but I know there's been some rumblings from the North East guys about trying to get down there in the fall.

Other than armor, a bigger tire and camping gear I'd really really recommend a permanently installed CB that's had an swr meter on it too to make sure it's tuned. There's generally a ton of chatter and it helps keep everyone on the same page when we're cruising around.
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue May 24, 2016 8:34 am

I been wanting to explore this place and thought it could be a different tecore venue possibly. Or just another place to get some of us together.

http://www.rushoffroad.com/
HARDTRAILZ

by Fisker » Tue May 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Its Farther away for me, but I'd go if I can get off work and such! They have a nice variety of trail difficulties too.
Fisker
Off-Roader

by HawkeyeC25 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:34 pm

That place looks awesome! I think I'd be willing to drive the 6.5 hours to explore it!!
2005 Trailblazer EXT LT V8 Lifted
Build Thread
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
HawkeyeC25
Trail-Blazer

Name: Craig
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

Next

Return to Off Road Discussion