Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Front grille

Trailblazer and Envoy related, but not off-road related...

by Fisker » Mon May 02, 2016 6:54 pm

I really like Rickalicka18's front grille however my Tb is a 2003. Is it possible to simply cut the bar holding the bow tie out of the middle section and add the aftermarket grille?

More of a looks things than a necessity, but more airflow isn't bad either.
Fisker
Off-Roader

Name: Avery Fisk
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Rickalicka18 » Mon May 02, 2016 7:42 pm

Heres a link to one: http://m.ebay.com/itm/371206671590?fits ... railblazer

You'll have to either get an Lt style front bumper or an ss front bumper and the grille will just pop in where your current grille goes. Also since I had the regular headlights, I just cut the part of the grille that snaps into the headlight and put some silicone where I cut so It doesn't blow away... or you can buy Lt headlights, which are expensive. Lastly, the middle support bar I just cut off, be sure to ONLY cut the plastic part where the grille snaps in and not the actual support bars. If you have any more questions feel free to pm me though.
Rickalicka18
Addict

Name: Ricky lacombe
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by Fisker » Mon May 02, 2016 8:14 pm

Your truck looks really good, just looked through your build and realize now I didn't do enough research before asking lol. I saw what your saying in your build. Also what light bar did you get and how did you mount it? I see mike helped you with brackets. The reason I ask is your bar is low to your roof, and I carry a canoe on my cross bars so I can't have a high light bar.
Fisker
Off-Roader

by Fisker » Mon May 02, 2016 8:15 pm

I think I will skip the bumper thing, so don't think I'm gonna steal your build lol
Fisker
Off-Roader

by Rickalicka18 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:28 pm

I don't mind at all man, you do what you think looks best. I take it as a compliment if anything.

If you search for the light bar brackets on this site you should find the thread for it somewhere and his email on like the third or fourth page of the thread. I believe he still sells them. The brackets will have all the mounting directions come with them to and I bought my light bar from here http://www.protuninglab.com/50in48spflco.html

Any 50" curved lightbar wil fit though.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Fisker » Mon May 02, 2016 8:44 pm

50 inch is the number I wanted and definitely take it as a compliment your tb looks awesome. I really like the interior lights
Fisker
Off-Roader

by Rickalicka18 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:19 pm

Thanks man! I actually haven't turned my interior lights on in awhile, mostly because I have to replace my slowly dieing sub amp. Really the only time I have them on is when I'm listening to music at night because they blink to the bass, which is really distracting while driving so I don't use it...
Rickalicka18
Addict

Return to Truck Discussion