Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Neilage Discos

Any special projects involving a decent amount of fab work (bumpers, sliders, roof racks, etc)

by HARDTRAILZ » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:44 am

I am just the test mule. I will let Neil put up some more info when he is ready, but I can say I am pleased to work with him.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Gordinho80 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:14 pm

I'm interested in seeing how they fit or if you've had any issues so far....
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

Name: Mario Almeida
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by foosh » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:07 pm

I think we all are buddy, kyle, whats the word?
Only White Lifted TB in Jerzey on 33's :safari:

:flex dirty: Pine Barrens Wheelin!
Build Thread http://forums.offroadtb.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=113
foosh
Addict

Vehicle Year: 2004

by HARDTRAILZ » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:21 pm

The word is Neil asked me to hold pics and discussion while fine-tuning the prototypes and I am trying to respect that as bad as want to post more.

I will just say that by working with him, I think anyone will be happy with his products.

He has the first pics so he can post them. i am planning to send him more tonight, so maybe he will share.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
HARDTRAILZ

by Gordinho80 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Fair enough...

Neil, we're all anxiously awaiting more information... :poke:
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

by HARDTRAILZ » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:54 pm

He said to go ahead. Mind that these are still getting some tweaks on the front ones, but the backs seem to work great as is. No noise from them. I like the pin being removalable and then you can thread the nuts on for some additional strength if it will be awhile between wheeling trips.\
I got some more pics going to him and some simple changes and they should work perfect.

Rear

Front

Last edited by Gordinho80 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Replaced IMG tag with IMGSIZE tag to resize while displaying in thread. Can still Right Click and view image at full size.
HARDTRAILZ

by NHARINTON » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:24 am

Looks good!
"The accumulation of all powers, in the same hands, whether of one, or many, and whether hereditary, self-appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny” - James Madision The Federalist Papers #47
NHARINTON

Name: Nick
Vehicle Year: 2004

by Philberto » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:35 am

Those look awesome, but... somebody needs a macro mode on their camera :poke:

... j/p man.
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:01 am

Philberto wrote:Those look awesome, but... somebody needs a macro mode on their camera :poke:

... j/p man.

Dont know what that is and dont really care. Most of my posted pics are taken with a cell phone, so I figure they are good for what they are. I put the money in the truck, not in taking pics of it. Well the truck and :cheers: to help get the work done.
HARDTRAILZ

by Gordinho80 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:35 am

They look great. I hope they hold up. I know that you just recently got them, but how many miles have you put on them? Have you taken them off-road?

Mine are shot... I'm planning on just replacing the rears and running without the fronts. Have been doing so for about a week now and it's really growing on me. But I most definitely want to replace the rears, sooner rather then later...
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

by Trail X » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:11 am

One comment...

The orientation of the bolts does matter.

The solid shank area of the bolt should be interacting with the vehicle component, while the threaded end should probably be interacting with the end link bushing.

If the threaded portions are interacting directly with the sheet metal or the skinny sway bar, it could cold-work the threads and create a skinny point on the bolt. A skinny point would make a loud pop every time the vehicle's weight transferred from side to side.

Since the bolt shank has a steady bore, it makes sense for it to interact with the skinny metal... while allowing the threads to be cushioned by the bushing.

Hopefully that makes sense... but I think for longevity of the product, that may be something to look into, especially if you start getting 'popping'.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:17 am

First...About 100 miles, all on road so far. Any nice daylight hours have been spent wrenching or :friday: celebrating the Fiance's birthday this weekend. I am hoping this or next weekend to go play some. At least a little flexing somewhere.

JamesDowning wrote:One comment...

The orientation of the bolts does matter.

The solid shank area of the bolt should be interacting with the vehicle component, while the threaded end should probably be interacting with the end link bushing.

If the threaded portions are interacting directly with the sheet metal or the skinny sway bar, it could cold-work the threads and create a skinny point on the bolt. A skinny point would make a loud pop every time the vehicle's weight transferred from side to side.

Since the bolt shank has a steady bore, it makes sense for it to interact with the skinny metal... while allowing the threads to be cushioned by the bushing.

Hopefully that makes sense... but I think for longevity of the product, that may be something to look into, especially if you start getting 'popping'.

Good Catch. Makes perfect sense. I did not think of that, I was more concerned with the fitment and bolt angles than directions. I will be swapping the bolts, so I will change the orientation then. Thanks.
HARDTRAILZ

by Zero » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:36 pm

So are these approved for sale to everyone....or are they still being tested and finalized?
Zero
Veteran

Name: Brendan
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by bgwolfpack » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:57 pm

Does anyone have a guess as to how much stress weight is put on the links during normal use. I find the pictures disconcerting. The length of the bolts and bolt angles seem suspect. :coffee:
bgwolfpack
Veteran

Name: Randy

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Tweaking is still going on. I agree with the bolt angles and they are being addressed. They aren’t perfect yet, but that’s why prototypes are made. I sent some more info and pics to him, so he can figure out the best way to perfect them. I am not a designer, just an installer, user and experimenter. I figure someone has to try new shit, so why not? I get practice at putting parts on and taking them off. I can flat guarantee I have done more body lifts and bumper brackets on a 360 than anyone. I also know the 3 inch kit works excellent and gave me the clearance I needed to avoid rubbing at full stuff.

Experimenting is half the fun. I love messing with cars, truck, rc stuff, or building stuff. You never know unless you try and someone has to push the envelope and not just follow others footsteps.

I would wait for Neil to say when they are ready for market, but he told me, I could share the pics and stuff since he doesn’t have a lot of time to get on here
HARDTRAILZ

by Gordinho80 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:41 pm

Agreed, someone has test things. I'm sure with the valuable feedback you're supplying, Neil will have a great product for all of us soon. I've only seen his work through pictures, but he's done some kick ass stuff for our platform.

Side note... Neil... next thing you need a tester for... I'm in!!!! LOL
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Can't say I am the best tester since i am no engineer, I do Real Estate, but I take pics and try to explain it as simply as possible so anyone can understand. Seems to be working so far.

But keep in mind that testing alot of this is not free, I pay to play, but I get to play first with some toys. :woot:
HARDTRAILZ

by bgwolfpack » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:15 pm

HARDTRAILZ wrote:Can't say I am the best tester since i am no engineer, I do Real Estate, but I take pics and try to explain it as simply as possible so anyone can understand. Seems to be working so far.

But keep in mind that testing alot of this is not free, I pay to play, but I get to play first with some toys. :woot:
It's great that guys like you and theroadie will try these new things for the rest of us. :salut:
bgwolfpack
Veteran

Name: Randy

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:32 pm

I got more ideas I would love to try, but the purse strings are getting drawn real tight with my wedding this summer. I got part of the real goal in the garage, but it will be awhile til I can invest that much in experimenting.
HARDTRAILZ

by Hatchet669 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:57 pm

Gordinho80 wrote:Side note... Neil... next thing you need a tester for... I'm in!!!! LOL

to late.... :finger: lol :cheers:
Hatchet669
Trail-Blazer

Name: Joe
Vehicle Year: 2003

PreviousNext

Return to Fab Work