Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Free Sliders

Any special projects involving a decent amount of fab work (bumpers, sliders, roof racks, etc)

by jandhsanchez » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:25 am

So I've been looking for sliders to fit my envoy XL. There's nothing that comes close to fitting without fabbing my own. In my searching I ran across a company that makes sliders for many trucks and if they don't make them, they can and will. So I've been in contact with this company and explained the situation with sliders for our trucks: modifying other sliders for other trucks, dealing with body lifts, etc.

I've already talked to them through email, gave them the link to this site for them to check out, and told them if they started producing them, I'm sure they would own the market for those wanting sliders for TBs and Envoys. I also told them that they may be able to get vendor status through the admin of this site if they make them.

Here's the awesome catch: because they haven't built them before they need a donor truck to design and build them. You have to drop off your truck for a few days and you get a free set of super sliders!

So I need one of you awesome patrons to help me out. I'm in the army in wonderful Fort Bragg, NC and there's no way I'm getting to Utah to have this done. If you have a TB Ext or Envoy XL with a 3" body lift and in the Salt Lake area or close enough then you can contact me and I'll put you in contact with Rocky Road Outfitters and you get a free set of super sliders.

I hope that we can take advantage of this opportunity and get sliders purposely built for our trucks. Check out their website and their sliders.

Thanks a ton.
jandhsanchez
Cruiser

Name: Jimmy
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy XUV
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by escapepilot » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:27 pm

I'd volunteer mine since it's not my daily driver, but I don't have the time to go to Utah (and I wouldn't want to pay that fuel bill either!).
escapepilot
Off-Roader

Name: Shannon
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by bartonmd » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:01 pm

The EXTs are the only ones that it actually matters for. I've made a few sets of sliders for the EXT guys. The TG sliders are actually a good length for us, and even though they're for a tacoma, it doesn't really matter. Because of our frame being a boxed frame that's not very thick, you have to weld the sliders on, so with and without body lift doesn't matter, because you just weld them on at the bottom of the side of the frame with no body lift and at the top of the side of the frame with a body lift.

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer

by jandhsanchez » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:40 am

I understand that the trail gear sliders are a good option for the swb, but for ext and XL I don't think they'll work without some lengthening. I'm no fab guy so please correct me if I'm mistaken, but on my envoy the measurement from front wheel well to rear is about 93" and the trail gear sliders are only 78".

Thanks for the input and if I need to just make my I own then I guess I will go that route, just trying to prevent it and let the subject matter experts handle it.

Thanks.
jandhsanchez
Cruiser

by bartonmd » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:59 am

Yeah, I gotcha. Yes, like I said, the EXT models don't work on the trailgear sliders, which is why I've made several sets of sliders and slider kits for EXT guys.

Mike
bartonmd

by Grimor » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:49 pm

http://www.xo-fab.com will make them any length you want, and i believe weld em up as much as possible for you as well.
Grimor
Trail-Blazer

Name: Dennis
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD

by jandhsanchez » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:51 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I also just found this site which has a great product as well, and at many lengths.
http://www.chassisunlimited.com/rock-slider-kit.html
jandhsanchez
Cruiser

by bartonmd » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:44 pm

jandhsanchez wrote:Thanks for the input guys. I also just found this site which has a great product as well, and at many lengths.
http://www.chassisunlimited.com/rock-slider-kit.html

Looks good, but those will crush inward with less pressure than sliders with tubes in between the inner and outer tubes. The flat material will buckle easier.

Mike
bartonmd

by jandhsanchez » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:04 pm

Good call. Thanks for the expert insight I didn't even think about that. Back to the drawing board and making my own, I guess.

So fun...
jandhsanchez
Cruiser

by bartonmd » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:09 pm

Yeah, they're not bad. The worst part is bending the tube, if you don't have a bender. Finding somebody with one, etc.

Mike
bartonmd

by Grimor » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:28 am

Grimor
Trail-Blazer

Name: Dennis
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Anthony Hernandez » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:36 am

Damn dude those look good!!! Burn wire homie!!
Marks3"-moog 14's-fox shocks-z71's-4.56 gears-rear locker-
My build - viewtopic.php?f=74&t=6225
Anthony Hernandez
Trail-Blazer

Name: Anthony
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to Fab Work