Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Swaybar Quick-Disconnect Links (FS)

Any special projects involving a decent amount of fab work (bumpers, sliders, roof racks, etc)

by mason10198 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:49 am

Hey everyone, after using my original set for almost a year with absolutely no problems, and after building my third set of these disconnects, I'm now announcing them for purchase. :work:

If you are like me, and are using your TB for offroad adventures AND daily driving, these are a GREAT thing to have. The rear swaybar can be completely removed, and these quick-disconnecting links can be used on the remaining front swaybar. By using these quick-disconnects, you can simply pull the pins and the links off to disconnect the swaybar anytime you go offroad to get all the suspension flex and travel you want, and reattach them when you go back onto the pavement to keep that good 'ole feeling of having control of your vehicle while steering around turns. These are also good for getting passed inspections; I believe they usually only require one swaybar to be installed and working in the vehicle.

They are heavy duty (grade 8), greaseable, adjustable and completely rebuildable. I make these by hand in my garage, so I can have them fab'd and shipped in around a week or so.

Introductory cost will be $135 shipped per set which includes 2 adjustable links, 4 mounting studs and all hardware. Please PM me if interested!

When I made my first set of these (on my truck now), I got the original design/idea from Mike's (bartonmd) old post and made my own, easier/cheaper version. That being said, I'd like to give him credit for the idea!

Also, the pictures currently show the OLD version, with a bit different hardware than what I'll be using from now on. After I get an order and build a new set, I'll update the pics.
Attachments
4.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
mason10198

Name: Mason
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by v7guy » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:47 am

WOW! nothing for the newer models? You suck! LOL

looks like a good setup for guys that don't want to piece together their own!
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:33 am

Nice. That is about the price I sold some I built awhile back. I did use a jam nut next to each heim joint though. Not sure it matter really.

You may offer a bolt on version for less since they are way quieter and simple upgrade for those not needing to disco often or as quick. I dont mind using a couple 3/4 wrenches to have the silence.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006

by mason10198 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:03 pm

Right, I use one jam nut to keep them movable for easy attachment/removal. I had originally used two but it was sometimes a hassle and I ended up banging them into their mounts with whatever tool I had on hand. It also works out perfect since the nuts come in bags of 10 so I use one bag per set.

Not a bad idea.. I might look into that and come up with a good solution. Thanks!

Sent from Tapatalk
mason10198

by bartonmd » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:37 pm

Hey, the only thing I see is that you'll want to use lugnuts instead of nylock nuts for the nut that bottoms out on the threads (looks like you're using those on yours, in the first picture). The larger nylock insert hits on the heims. Also, I didn't have enough room for nylock nuts to get fully onto the threads (and have 2-3 threads sticking out past the nylock part. i.e. full diameter at the nylock), so I used interference fit nuts, which are a much more durable solution. You really will want to have a jam nut on each heim, as well (mcmaster has thin jam nuts). you'll also want to have a small washer, like a lock washer, between the pin and the heim. I was pretty consistently breaking pins before I put the washer on there, then never broke another one.

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by mason10198 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Thanks for the pointers Mike. I had taken out the washers and I used nylocks instead of lug nuts to cut down the number of materials and bump the price down as much as I could.

By "interference fit", are you talking about the distorted thread/crimp nuts?

Sent from Tapatalk
mason10198

by bartonmd » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:43 pm

I think people would rather pay the extra $4 to get the "right" stuff, IMO.

Yeah, the crimped head nuts.

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by oefootball_70 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:19 am

I'm interested in a set if you have any already made, I didn't reattach mine while I was installing the lift and would like to get all he loose ends taken care of.

OE
2007 i6 4x4 TB
2 inch BDS Lift with bilstiens upfront
275/65/18 Crosswind A/T
Quick disconnect swaybar endlinks
oefootball_70
Cruiser

Name: Ryne
DriveTrain: 4WD

by mason10198 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:01 am

I don't have any ready to ship out, but I can definitely build you a set. PM me and I'll see what I can do for ya!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
mason10198

by mason10198 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:09 pm

Just finished 2 sets for guys on here, PM/email me if you want some!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
mason10198

Return to Fab Work