Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Front Bumper Design

Any special projects involving a decent amount of fab work (bumpers, sliders, roof racks, etc)

by tbangert » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:28 pm

So after many hours of searching through different designs of bumpers, I think I have finally come up with one that I like and will be sufficient for my needs. It will incorporate a receiver for a winch (as I would prefer to not have it sitting out in the NE weather all the time) and some shackle mounts. A buddy of mine told me that his work has a tubing bender capable of 4" or so, so my outer tubes will be nicely bent. On the ends of the tubes will be some wings, so that the fender blends down to something rather than just stop. I like things to look good as well as perform! :)

Found a gif on the site awhile back, so I modded it to see how my design would look, and I am here to share with you guys. Looking for some constructive criticism as to if I can make it any better! Ignore my crappy interpretation of the suspension, just there for my mind.

0717102052.jpg
MarcMC - Bilstien - BDS - WheelAdapters - Treadwright - K&N - Gibson - Hayden - Zone
My Build Thread
tbangert
Off-Roader

Name: Tyler
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Hatchet669 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:21 pm

yea i think i posted those pics awhile ago on one of the sites...

but yea looks good... i still need to work on mine... i still have like half of it done... just need to finish and weld it all together... cooler weather i mite finish now...

cant wait to see how yours ends up...
Hatchet669
Trail-Blazer

Name: Joe
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by mikepeters1983 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:03 pm

I think for many of peoples different purpose's that a bumper like tat might be better for alot more people, but i also think that I my self would like to have the winch n the bumper with a cover over it so don't have to carry it inside with me where ever I go, and even off of the front you could add a stinger to hook the winch hook to
I REFUSE TO TIP TOE THROUGH LIFE TO ARRIVE SAFELY AT DEATH!!!
mikepeters1983
Trail-Blazer

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy XUV
DriveTrain: 2WD w/ G80

Return to Fab Work