Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Another spare tire carrier.

Any special projects involving a decent amount of fab work (bumpers, sliders, roof racks, etc)

by Saxis » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:11 pm

What about flipping the carrier's mount to the outside, where your tire would mount between the bracket and the vehicle? That would be handy... It would put the tire closer to the vehicle, you could mount your license plate to the bracket, potentially running wires through the tube, maybe connect to trailer harness? If it was a swing down, it'd be easy on/off for the tire. Hmm.... :idea:

Edit: Also, you probably wouldn't have to deal with a funky bend-around-the-bumper to put the tire closer to the rear...
Saxis
Trail-Blazer

Name: Jesse
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Trail X » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:20 pm

Saxis wrote:What about flipping the carrier's mount to the outside, where your tire would mount between the bracket and the vehicle? That would be handy... It would put the tire closer to the vehicle, you could mount your license plate to the bracket, potentially running wires through the tube, maybe connect to trailer harness? If it was a swing down, it'd be easy on/off for the tire. Hmm.... :idea:

Edit: Also, you probably wouldn't have to deal with a funky bend-around-the-bumper to put the tire closer to the rear...

Go for it. I could see it looking slightly funny, but who cares... function over form! :viking:
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by OregTrailBlazin » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Saxis wrote:What about flipping the carrier's mount to the outside, where your tire would mount between the bracket and the vehicle? That would be handy... It would put the tire closer to the vehicle, you could mount your license plate to the bracket, potentially running wires through the tube, maybe connect to trailer harness? If it was a swing down, it'd be easy on/off for the tire. Hmm.... :idea:

I've seen this somewhere, I'm tryin to work up a pic. I think it looked great!!.. Maybe someone else on here has seen it, it was on a newer 4runner?!!?
Johnny Kurz
General Manager
541-474-2879
Wheeler's Off-Road Inc.
Our Vendor Section
OregTrailBlazin
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Johnathan Kurz
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

Previous