Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

New Member from MI

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by RoninX1980 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:03 am

How’s it going everyone. My name is Ronin. I am from the Lansing, MI area. I joined to get some ideas on how to proceed on a future build.

I’ve always loved trailblazers. I have owned 2. My first was a 2004 LTZ I called the Road Warrior. I drove that thing all over the US through wind, rain, ice, and blizzards. Never got stuck and always got me where I was going safely. It wasn’t anything crazy just a well maintained stock trailblazer. I loved it, but needed a bit more power for towing my boat and camping trailer. I sold it to my mom and got my current vehicle a 2008 TBSS. I love that thing too but she’s getting old and rusty. My mom drove my old LTZ to 354k miles before she blew a head gasket and she traded it in for a new vehicle. There wasn’t much left on the bone lol.

My TBSS is getting old and I’ve always toyed with the idea of doing an off-road TB build. Nothing crazy, just a good all around off-road vehicle. So I came here to get some ideas on where to start. Thanks for having me.
RoninX1980

Name: Tim Smith
Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by xXxSilveradoxXx » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:56 pm

I suppose it depends on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go and what you want to do in your TBSS. My EXT is pretty mild, but it does what I want.

In my opinion, a nice mild build would consist of:
-Small lift in the front to level the vehicle, either a spring/strut spacer or adjustable Bilstein B8 5100s
-Off Road Tires. Depending on what you choose, it may require wheels and adapters. Also, the bigger the tires, the bigger the lift.

Since you already have a TBSS, and assuming it's stock, you have a 14-Bolt SF rear axle, 4.10 gears and a G80. All are decent for off roading and swapping these parts out would yield limited returns compared to a non-SS.
2004 EXT, V8, 14-Bolt SF w/Trutrac, 33s, Long Tubes with true dual exhaust.
xXxSilveradoxXx
Cruiser

Name: Pete
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"