Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

New From WI

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by Frailears » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:47 pm

Hi all. Jon here. Long time reader, finally decided to create a username and participate.

I've owned a GMT360 on and off for the last 10 or so years, currently have an 06 Envoy XL that I don't see myself getting rid of. I live in central Wisconsin and most of the off-road fun to be had requires a substantial amount of travel. My most recent trip was to Drummond, MI, but I've been all over the country with it. I enjoy dispersed camping (overlanding, I guess, is the new term) and use my Envoy to take my family where most other people can't go.

Current mods:
BFG KO2 255/70R17
Bilstein 5100s all around
2.5" lift up front
1.5" lift blocks in the rear (had to slightly modify the blocks/factory air bags/height sensors to retain factory air suspension)
Regeared to 4.10
Lunchbox locker in the rear
LSD in the front
Full MDB armor package (winch bumper, tire swingout bumper, oil pan and rad skids)
Factory fuel tank skid
Winch
External trans cooler
Scangauge for monitoring temps

Future mods:
Bigger tires 285/75R17? w/ spacers
????
Attachments
IMG_0208.jpeg
Frailears

Name: Jon Gaestel
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: GMC Envoy XL
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by xXxSilveradoxXx » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:41 am

Welcome aboard! Glad to see another long wheelbase rig! How do you like your Bilstein 5100s? Did you just use them for the front lift, or did you use something else? Also, what LSD do you have in the front?
2004 EXT, V8, 14-Bolt SF w/Trutrac, 33s, Long Tubes with true dual exhaust.
xXxSilveradoxXx
Cruiser

Name: Pete
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by Frailears » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:39 pm

xXxSilveradoxXx wrote:Welcome aboard! Glad to see another long wheelbase rig! How do you like your Bilstein 5100s? Did you just use them for the front lift, or did you use something else? Also, what LSD do you have in the front?

I’m loving the Bilsteins. I used them up front to achieve the lift, but I’ve got strut spacers on my to-do list to squeeze a little more height out of it. The shocks are on their max lift setting but I’m probably only sitting at 1.5 to 2 inches lift due to the extra weight of the bumper and winch. The 5100s I have in back are some off the shelf shocks I ordered based on dimensions as the TB specific 5100s don’t have enough travel. The LSD I have up front is a cryo treated gearset from Bully Racing.
Frailears

Name: Jon Gaestel
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: GMC Envoy XL
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"