Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Whats up!

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by irishboy02 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:29 pm

Wow 285/50. I was 275/45-20

So you plan to lift and keep your replicas? Do you have the polished ones? Btw, once you go up, make sure you get an alignment asap
Gettin' Dirrty in Jersey :flex dirty:

2003 GMC Sierra z71
7" FTS lift
35x12.5 Toyo MT on 18x9 MotoMetal 962
irishboy02
Addict

Name: Brendan
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Flyingfischer5 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:07 pm

irishboy02 wrote:Wow 285/50. I was 275/45-20

So you plan to lift and keep your replicas? Do you have the polished ones? Btw, once you go up, make sure you get an alignment asap

Well i am going to keep them for now. And i have the gunmetal ones from some seller on ebay.

And i just got my kit today so i will be installing it tomorrow between my appointments at work, and send it next door to get an alignment. :excited:
Flyingfischer5
Off-Roader

Name: Craig
Vehicle Year: 2004

by The Roadie » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:04 pm

HARDTRAILZ wrote:now that you got work...What tires are you going for?
Soon as I pass probation in three months, probably the Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar. Assuming I don't read any more negative reviews. I really, really liked the Procomp XTreme MTs, but they chunked badly and only lasted 25-30K. Lots of great trips, but the cost per mile was pretty high. And their Kevlar was only in the tread, not also in the sidewalls like the Goodyears. I'm soliciting suggestions, though - just remember my mission is sand and rocks, not so much mud. And I tend to air down to 18 PSI only, not lower, so I don't have to air back up for the short pavement stretches between some of the Sierra Nevada and Borrego trails. I might also go down to 15" rims this time around - I went from 17 to 16 for the Procomps. Already at 6X5.5" with Fred's adapters. I should start a new thread closer to the time I'll be buying.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Philberto » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:19 pm

I still vote that you try the Cooper STT's, Bill... They can be had fairly reasonable if you shop around... and 15" rims would make them even cheaper. (Hmmm... maybe I should look into that) The sidewalls are beefier than on my ST's, and I hear they're also beefier than the ST-C's, and Cooper does make Pro Comp after all, in fact I think Pro Comp is one of their "cheaper" brands, so may be worth looking into for the tread design. I'm torn between those and the Nitto Trail Grapplers that are going to be out in 285/75/16 later this year, but unless I can get a good price through a rep that one of my coworkers is boning :safe: then I'll probably go with the Coopers.
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by HARDTRAILZ » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:10 pm

If you find the pics where I had 15x8s on mine they would have been ridiculously wide with tires. The rims stuck out past where my tires stick now and that is a good 2 inches. 4 in backspacing on 15s cleared, but you will sit WIDE. I do like the 15 in price.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by irishboy02 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:57 am

So thats a 4" backspacing on a 15x ___? Just curious. I like the idea of runnin a 15, primarily for the treadwall. Also, with the 15 you still ran the 1.3" adapters correct?

2003 GMC Sierra z71
7" FTS lift
irishboy02
Addict

by HARDTRAILZ » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:58 am

HARDTRAILZ wrote:If you find the pics where I had 15x8s on mine they would have been ridiculously wide with tires. The rims stuck out past where my tires stick now and that is a good 2 inches. 4 in backspacing on 15s cleared, but you will sit WIDE. I do like the 15 in price.

Yes I HAD to have the spacers or they would not have fit.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
HARDTRAILZ

by Zero » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:14 am

The Roadie wrote:
HARDTRAILZ wrote:now that you got work...What tires are you going for?
Soon as I pass probation in three months, probably the Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar. Assuming I don't read any more negative reviews. I really, really liked the Procomp XTreme MTs, but they chunked badly and only lasted 25-30K. Lots of great trips, but the cost per mile was pretty high. And their Kevlar was only in the tread, not also in the sidewalls like the Goodyears. I'm soliciting suggestions, though - just remember my mission is sand and rocks, not so much mud. And I tend to air down to 18 PSI only, not lower, so I don't have to air back up for the short pavement stretches between some of the Sierra Nevada and Borrego trails. I might also go down to 15" rims this time around - I went from 17 to 16 for the Procomps. Already at 6X5.5" with Fred's adapters. I should start a new thread closer to the time I'll be buying.

Plus you got to try and see my goodyears in action!
Zero
Veteran

Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by HARDTRAILZ » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:24 am

Zero wrote:Plus you got to try and see my goodyears in action!

I was debating this with some Jeep guys and I am trying to find someone who has actually worn out a set of MTR Kevlar to see if they chunk at the end like most mud tires and how long they truly last. The previous ones SUCKED for wear time and Goodyear has never proved itself worthy of my repeat business with a tire. No one could show ne any report of a set that had been used for 30-40-50 thousand miles. Ny buddt avoided them after this and went with the tried and true bfg. I think the mtr are ugly and would not own a set after watching the previous one struggle to last 20,000 on a lightweight jeep. Plus they sucked for traction. The new ones seem to get traction, but will they still get traction at 1/2 tread? Will they wear even and last? Anyone every seen a set that had actually been used and work out or a report of this?

I just hate to see that a bunch of people are dissappointed in a year with another goodtear fail.
HARDTRAILZ

by irishboy02 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:43 am

Sorry kyle, didnt notice that :oops:

2003 GMC Sierra z71
7" FTS lift