Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Retired Navy..06 EXt 4wd. Rebuilt engine, full restore

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by brierfj » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:25 am

Name is Fred, I have had the same 06 TB since 07. I let my mom drive it for about 5 years and she ran it into ground. I have decided to restore, and heavily modify it. So far have replaced all Suspension, Sway bar links, ball joints, control arms, wheel hubs, rotors, engine, added max spacers, MOOG aftermarket everything I can buy up. This weekend I am putting in 2 inch wheel hub spacers for the lugs 6x5. I have 20 inch low profile street tires I want to add on for daily drive. I also have the 17 inch gmc rims I pulled from the junkyard. The question here is....how big can I easily go with the 2 inch wheel spacers, and 3 inch lift front 2 in the back. I want legit off road tire that I can quickly impact gun off before I go play in the San Diego desserts and beach. My goal is to turn this car into a sleeper, soccer mom slash earth roamer. I have built an isolated battery bank, with 1 35AH marine deep cycle battery, connected to a 3000 watt inverter. To provide accessory and aux power for future lights, and all of the upgraded 12v receptacles with quick charge USB. I have also started to design my auxiliary fuel system to extend range by 20 more gallons. I catch a lot of shit from work...they say why. I say why not. These are good trucks and have crazy potential.
brierfj

Name: Fred
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD

by brierfj » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:26 am

Oh...the upper yoke ball joint is the obstacle...2 inch wheel spacer should help that right?
brierfj

Name: Fred
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by Diacom » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:34 pm

Hi Fred.

Looks like you have plans for your TB. Yes, the 2" spacer will work, it is a bit larger than needed. Most only went 1.5" and a few 1.25" to clear the upper ball joint.

Tire size wise, a 265 (31.5-32") is an approx. size to look at with the 3" lift. It is possible to go larger yet if you pick the right wheel combo. JD's original build had something like a 275 with his wheel combo.

Take a peek at the wheel and tire section and one of the stickie posts will give you a great deal more information.

Also, the forums are more of an information repository more than an active site. If you have further questions and need quick answers hit up the Facebook page.

Noel
Diacom
Addict

Name: Noel
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by cpyonker » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:31 pm

if you plan on doing anything more than light offroading, especially if you are planning on playing in the rocks. I would recommend getting skid plates from MDB fab, they are pretty heavy duty and have withstood a lot of abuse from me. the low hanging front end on these trucks is kind of their Achilles heel.
cpyonker
Trail-Blazer

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"