Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Old owner, new to OFTB

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by Trailblazerjig » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:47 am

Hello. I have owned my 2005 Trailblazer for about 5 years, but I am finally getting around to doing some of the modifications I have wanted to do. I am not a big off-road guy, but hopefully that will change. My bigger goal is to create something that is good in the snow, tow a camper and/or trailer and do some mild weekend off roading. I have been reading lots of posts and learning a lot. I look forward to meeting some new people and sharing my build experience.
Trailblazerjig

Name: Matt
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Trailblazerjig » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:25 am

So, not really sure where to post this. But I wanted to share and vent a little about a frustration I am having with trying to purchase a Bilstein 4600 front strut ( and yes I mean 1). I know these can be difficult to acquire, but I have ordered 4 from 3 different vendors. I have received 1. The others all have stated they were in stock, to only tell me later, sometimes weeks later, that they in fact did not have any. So I have 1 front strut and have ordered yet another hoping it will arrive.

Does anyone have a good lead on where I can buy 1 of these?

Thanks
Trailblazerjig

by Diacom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:32 pm

Hi Matt and welcome to the site.

Looks like you're well on your way getting parts put together for you mods.

As far as trying to find a replacement, have you tried: https://www.shockwarehouse.com/ ? It is where I purchased my shocks way back when. Might be worth a shot. If not there hit up the facebook page and see if you can get something more recent.
Diacom
Addict

Name: Noel
Vehicle Year: 2003
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Trailblazerjig » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:20 pm

Thanks. I'll check them out. I hope to post some pics in the build forum this weekend.
Trailblazerjig

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"