Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

New to the TB world (and off roading)

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by 1st_offroader » Fri May 08, 2020 3:04 am

Hello all!

I will say the opening i'm new thread is fantastic!

The title says it all. I have always owned and raced small cars (Mazda RX-7 is my favorite). I have build many cars from the ground up trying to stay as close to the ground as I could. But after spending a TON of money for a car that only I could fit in I stopped building cars and sold my last project off after I blew up the motor. Years later I picked up a 06 Trailblazer EXT LT for the family vehicle. Then i discovered it was 4wd and thought i would give it a little off road fun test, nothing extreme but enough for stock. I was Very impressed with what it could do and it was a blast at low speeds for the first time and my brain started tinkering :hmm:

Well a little later we got my wife a new family car, a 2012 traverse. I have now been set loose on the Trailblazer. We are now planning a mild over landing/primitive camping trip with the TB. I plan to do this yearly and work to more aggressive trails as my skill increases and I improve the vehicle while keeping it road worthy. Fist on the list is a lift, I installed the lifting blocks this past week. 2.5" in the from and 2" in the rear. Next is some more aggressive A/T tires and have researching what i can do or will need to do to get to 31.5" for now (245/75/17) after that i would like to get a winch for the front but that seems to be more challenging and very expensive for the budget minded person with 5 kids. Oh and rock sliders, not sure when or where that fits in but I will need those too, just have to do some searching and maybe buy a welder to make my own.

Well that's me and my plan for now. sorry for the long thread but it did say to introduce myself and my plans so there it is. I'm sure as I do more to the TB my plans and priorities for it will change. Glad to join the group!
1st_offroader

Name: Chase Hilton
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by 1st_offroader » Fri May 08, 2020 3:24 am

^ forgot to add on this there is an issue with the 4wd system i'm working through but i am still researching and trying to understand it. to put it simple 4lo doesn't work, no blinking light or anything (yes I have read the manual how to and cleaned the switch as well as verified the light does work) I think the switch is good so I assume its the actuator but like i said still working through it.
1st_offroader

Name: Chase Hilton
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by djthumper » Mon May 11, 2020 1:42 pm

Welcome!

You want to get with BartonMD on the front bumper. We have a troubleshooting thread on the 4WD system here someplace, you should be able to search. You will want to service the transfer case if you haven't done that yet.
djthumper

Name: Larry
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"