Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

New member located in SLC UT

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by Dudabadical » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:40 am

Hello! My name is Nick. I purchased a Trailblazer about four months ago. It currently has about 30k on it. In spite of its age, it is in fairly mint condition. I am planning out a lift, which brought me here. So far, I was able get ahold of some 3" MarkMC front lift spacers. I purchased some Z71 rear springs. I also purchased some wheels and tires. The wheels are 17x9 -6mm offset 6x5.5 lug Black Rhinos. The tires are Cooper Discoverer A/T3s 275/70/17 load range E. I need to order some adapters still and some rear spacers. First I need to measure the front and rear fenders. In addition, I reached out to Radflo to see if I can skip the spacers and go straight to coilovers. I'll report back on what I find out. I'm still not sure how the 3" lift will look with my current wheel setup. If it will be too much gap. I've still got a ton more researching to do on here to do and some documenting.
Attachments
20190209_135302.jpg
Can't really say they match the TB.
20190209_135009.jpg
20190209_134906.jpg
20190203_173554.jpg
How do you like them running boards.
Dudabadical
Cruiser

Name: Nick
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by DirtyBacon04 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:30 am

Welcome! Looks like you're in the mecca of off-roading in the US!! Jealous!
I like those rims. They'd look even better wrapped in BFG KO2s. I'll likely never buy any other tire for my rig.
I wish you luck in the pursuit of Radflos, but I believe they are finished with production for our vehicle. Lucky to get your hands on Marks lift, since he's stopped production, too.
Armor is still easy to get your hands on through Barton (MDB Fabrication) and top notch quality specific to trailblazers/envoys

Glad to have you and we await some trip reports showing the beauty of Utah!

(PS. I don't like them running boards :puker: )
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
Current Count of Transmission Rebuilds: 5.5
***The more you know, the less you need.***
USMC '07-'12
Dirty Bacon's Build
DirtyBacon04

Name: Michael
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Anthony Hernandez » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:43 pm

yeah dude, those wheels are sick. welcome. :safari:
Marks3"-moog 14's-fox shocks-z71's-4.56 gears-rear locker-
My build - viewtopic.php?f=74&t=6225
Anthony Hernandez
Trail-Blazer

Name: Anthony
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Cody_S » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:55 pm

Those are some good looking rock sliders :P lol

Seriously though, I love those wheels, they look great. Sounds like you're on the right track with the lift. Like Bacon said, some of those parts will be hard to get a hold of now, but don't let that discourage you. I'm running the BDS 2" kit on my TB right now. Combined with some wheel spacers and I was able to run those same tires. My old Envoy had Mark's 3" kit, plus the Z71 springs and Moog 81114 front springs. You can check out the build thread for that one in my signature.
Cody_S
Trail-Blazer

Name: Cody
Vehicle Year: 2006

by wstuckey1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Dudabadical wrote: In addition, I reached out to Radflo to see if I can skip the spacers and go straight to coilovers. I'll report back on what I find out. documenting.

I’d recommend asking Hawkeye if he still has his radflos. He was parting out his rig
02 TB EXT, 4.2, 4x4 w/ G80, 5" lift, 33x12.5x17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ, Matte Bronze Fuel Anza 17x8.5, Adapters. North Face Clearance Lights. MDB Fab Armor
wstuckey1
Cruiser

Name: Winston
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Dudabadical » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:49 pm

DirtyBacon04 wrote:Welcome! Looks like you're in the mecca of off-roading in the US!! Jealous!
I like those rims. They'd look even better wrapped in BFG KO2s. I'll likely never buy any other tire for my rig.
I wish you luck in the pursuit of Radflos, but I believe they are finished with production for our vehicle. Lucky to get your hands on Marks lift, since he's stopped production, too.
Armor is still easy to get your hands on through Barton (MDB Fabrication) and top notch quality specific to trailblazers/envoys

Glad to have you and we await some trip reports showing the beauty of Utah!

(PS. I don't like them running boards :puker: )

Thank you for the welcome greetings, everyone. I looked up those Ko2s and they do look awesome. For the very reason you explained, I'm going to try not to get my hopes up on getting some Radflos. I would be awesome if someone made a Base Cup to 14.1 eye adapter for the front or a replacement yoke. From what I can see, that would really open up some options. However, I'm not really sure how safe that would be. I've followed up with Radflo and even though they confirmed the stock size will no longer be produced, they did request me to send over measurements for what might work on a custom setup. (I'm wondering what the price might be on that.) They asked for compressed and extended. It looks like something within these ranges would be best. Compressed 4.8mm-5.8mm and Extended 24.37mm-26.2mm. I'll post an update for what comes of that. For now, I will probably go the Bilstein/Moog route in front and the Fox in back.
Also. I'll try to provide as many details on my build as I can. If you happen to see me missing any helpful info, please let me know. I'll post over in the wheels section for now. I've got a spacer/fitment question.
I don't even know where to start with the armor. We are crazy lucky to have BartonMD out there. I'll reach out to him right away. I guess I should already be planning that into my front spring choice.
Last of all, I'm pretty sure there is a space up in the attic that is just begging to store those running boards.
Dudabadical
Cruiser

by Dudabadical » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:52 pm

wstuckey1 wrote:
Dudabadical wrote: In addition, I reached out to Radflo to see if I can skip the spacers and go straight to coilovers. I'll report back on what I find out. documenting.

I’d recommend asking Hawkeye if he still has his radflos. He was parting out his rig

Thank you for the recommendation. I checked in with Hawkeye. Fortunately for him, he already sold them. He replied back to let me know. ...The search continues.
Dudabadical
Cruiser

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"