Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

From High Desert, SoCal, XUV Conversion project

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by XUVconversion » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:11 pm

1108181333a_resized.jpg
XUV converted to Full-Time Truck (no power roof, no power tailgate glass, no swivel gate hinge, removed quarter-glass.

Since I scoured the Interwebs and could not find a motorcycle in the back of an XUV anywhere, had to do it myself. I got into this truck just a few months ago in order to have an Adventure Bike hauler that comfortably transports wife, m-in-law, dog, etc., in comfort. 4x4 and V8 a must. Landed on the XUV. Nothing worked so I yanked it making it a full-time truck. Eventually may even have the pillars removed in an Avalanche wanna be style? Pirelli Scorpion ATs, roof rack, otherwise stock.

Hey does ANYBODY know what the "HEAVY DUTY" badge bottom right of tailgate indicates? I have yet to see another with it.
1008181659a_resized.jpg
HEAVY DUTY badge. What does it mean?
XUVconversion

Name: Bro
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy XUV
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Flyingfischer5 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Nice, looks like it gets the job done and with some style. Also welcome to the site!

Personally I would leave the pillars there. If you were to cut off the pillars it would look more like a Honda Ridgeline than a Avalanche in my opinion.

And that Heavy Duty badge looks to be an aftermarket badge. That is where the factory GMC logo was placed. So previous owner probably stuck that there.
Flyingfischer5
Off-Roader

Name: Craig
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by cpyonker » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:07 pm

Remove the pillars and swap on a trailblazer front end, throw on a lift kit and bam. You’ve got a mid sized avalanche
cpyonker
Trail-Blazer

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by XUVconversion » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Had to find a pic pre-de-badging. This one shows the GMC emblem where it's supposed to be. The HEAVY DUTY badge backing looks as if adhesive used was the same, and of same age/condition. Not sure PO cared to add such a badge either.

Perhaps the DEALERSHIP (Midway... some of their decal still showing top left area) put it on there. This one does not have air bags but springs that might be stiffer I guess, making it "HEAVY DUTY", is another thought. The 4x4 stickers are not stock, I got those off eBay.

It's just an SLT, AWD/4WD, V8, G80 setup, with full power and heated seats, rear climate control. PO's son replaced stock stereo and painted wheels black, but nothing to do with the badge in question.
Attachments
0731181539a_resized.jpg
HEAVY DUTY badge on XUV... for real or?
XUVconversion

Name: Bro

by Trucker 497 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:09 pm

How the hell did you get your tailgate to work without the glass? My window is stuck down & nothing on the rear of the vehicle works now. I want to do something similar to what you did.
Trucker 497

Name: Greg

by Trail X » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:58 am

Love what you're doing bud. I want to see what you turn this thing into. I always liked those XUVs, even though they seem like a maintenance nightmare. With your modifications, it seems like it might get rid of the potential issues.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by swarakulkarni » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:37 am

How the damnation did you get your rear end to work without the glass? My window is stuck down and nothing on the back of the vehicle works now. I need to plan something comparative for what you did.
swarakulkarni

Name: swara
Vehicle Year: Other

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"