Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

New from Huntsville, AL

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by joel33phelps » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:45 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Joel and I'm an alco.... Crap wrong forum.

Anywho. Name is Joel, currently have a 2005 GMC Envoy XL XLT 5.3L 4x4.

Have had it about 3-4 months now. First time in a very long time I have not had a crew cab 4x4, but I cant really complain about this thing right now. Thing, for reference, that's its name according to the wife.

Been a member of Trailvoy (for what good it did) and GMTnation since I bought it, and now I figure its time I joined the offroadtb club.

I have all the parts (I think), and in the next 3 weeks, depending my schedule and the kiddos, the Envoy will be going up a little. I will list my specs and intents below at the end of my little soap box rant!

I am prepping the garage for install when I get a day or 2 to knock it out. I am not a mechanic. Don't claim to be, don't pretend to be, but will be doing this all solo. Ive installed kits on trucks before back in my teens and 20's, but its been a while and this suspension stumps me a little. But that's why I'm here with you nice folks. To learn. Figure I do all the mechanics and maintenance work on my Harleys, I can do this as well.

So here is the intent/build plan/I really hope I don't screw this up!

Lift Meister 3" kit from Mark
Bilstein yellows for the front
Skyjacker N8030s for the rear
New coil Springs to replace air bag (stock height HD rated springs)
Flip UCAs
1.5" 6x5.5 adapters
17" police Tahoe wheels
265/70/17 Falken Wild Peak A/T3Ws (probably, only thing I haven't pulled the trigger on yet)
Safari Bull Bar with lightbar (plan to order this week or next)
joel33phelps

Name: Joel
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: GMC Envoy XL
DriveTrain: 4WD

by ETB1 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:47 am

Welcome to the group. I would go with full bumper over the bull bar, and go with z71 rear springs. Also bilstien now sells an adjustable front strut if that would be something you would be interested in. Though the bilstien 4600 are the tried and true so for on our platform for the front. Many people have different opinions on the rear, a lot go with bilstien 5100 series.

Again welcome to the group,
ETB1
Off-Roader

Name: Josh Walton
Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"