Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Newbie from Boston Area

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by routmassa » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:06 pm

Hey everyone!! Where to start...? Ok so I have 04 Trailblazer EXT LT 4.2L close to bone stock right now. Only modification I’ve made thus far is upgrading the brakes to drilled and slotted rotors and upgraded the calipers. Goals for the truck is to have an off-road capable daily driver for camping and hiking and trail riding trips with my family that consists of me my wife 3 year old son and our personal protection K-9.

This site has a TON of information and I suspect it’ll take me a while to dig in and figure out where to go. Currently I had the oil pump go out in the transmission and my differential is bone dry. So I figure I’ll start with a gear change, lift and larger tires and rims.

Chris
routmassa

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD

by TBYODA » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:40 pm

Welcome, check out http://www.nationaldrivetrain.com/ or summit racing for gears. Since you have a EXT your rear ring gear is 8,6”. Many after market locker options.
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by HawkeyeC25 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:47 am

Welcome! As stated above, lots of availability for the 8.6" rear end. I went with a full Detroit Locker and I have loved it! For the 4x4, you are limited to 4.56 gears (based on the front diff). For the extra weight of the EXT and bigger tires, if you going to put new gears in, max it out and never look back. You will not be disappointed. Feel free to ask questions on our builds!
2005 Trailblazer EXT LT V8 Lifted
Build Thread
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
HawkeyeC25
Trail-Blazer

Name: Craig
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"