Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Hello from Grand rapids, MI

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by Clank » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:08 pm

First off I want to thank the founders and mods of this forum for providing such a great community filled with helpful and knowledgeable people. If I hadn't discovered this forum I probably wouldn't have purchased a TrailBlazer. With that being said, I picked up a 2008 TrailBlazer LT 4x4 that the last owner painted dark purple so I have since deemed it "The Purple Nurple" (my signal isn't good up north in Irons, MI but I'll post pics soon) it's my daily driver and I plan on modding it for mild trails and camping trips. The stock tires are pretty bald so I figured I may as well get the lift done first so I can get new rubbers and not have to buy stock tires again. So far my parts list so far is

MarkMC 3" lift/level kit
MarkMC 6x5 to 6x5.5 wheel adapters (I plan on getting different wheels)
Bilstein HD shocks in rear and front
Tahoe springs in rear and probably keep stock springs in front

I haven't looked at wheels and tires a whole lot so let me know if you have any favorites, I don't plan on getting a tire any bigger than 31"

Also I did put a new deck in it and I'm wiring up my sub soon cuz I'm a man that needs his tunes. Take care y'all.
Clank

Name: Mason
Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Clank » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:04 pm

Clank wrote:First off I want to thank the founders and mods of this forum for providing such a great community filled with helpful and knowledgeable people. If I hadn't discovered this forum I probably wouldn't have purchased a TrailBlazer. With that being said, I picked up a 2008 TrailBlazer LT 4x4 that the last owner painted dark purple so I have since deemed it "The Purple Nurple"
IMG_20170725_174846.jpg
it's my daily driver and I plan on modding it for mild trails and camping trips. The stock tires are pretty bald so I figured I may as well get the lift done first so I can get new rubbers and not have to buy stock tires again. So far my parts list so far is

MarkMC 3" lift/level kit
MarkMC 6x5 to 6x5.5 wheel adapters (I plan on getting different wheels)
Bilstein HD shocks in rear and front
Tahoe springs in rear and probably keep stock springs in front

I haven't looked at wheels and tires a whole lot so let me know if you have any favorites, I don't plan on getting a tire any bigger than 31"

Also I did put a new deck in it and I'm wiring up my sub soon cuz I'm a man that needs his tunes. Take care y'all.
Clank

Name: Mason
Vehicle Year: 2008

by HawkeyeC25 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:38 am

Welcome fellow Michigander! Nice looking rig! Looks like you have a great plan for your build. I went with some simple MB wheels from Discount Tire, but getting the wheel adapters pretty much opens your options up to whatever you like! And don't be afraid of going bigger in tire diameter! 32's will easily fit with your setup. I squeezed 33's on without a body lift with pretty minimal trimming. Keep us posted on the progress!
2005 Trailblazer EXT LT V8 Lifted
Build Thread
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
HawkeyeC25
Trail-Blazer

Name: Craig
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by corwin » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:43 am

Howdy Clank! Enjoy your mods
corwin
Cruiser

Name: James
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 2WD

by Jordan616 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:56 am

I just joined, and I am too from Grand Rapids, MI. So this is exciting to see someone else in my shoes locally!
Jordan616

Name: Jordan
Vehicle Year: 2006

by HawkeyeC25 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:26 am

Welcome Jordan!
2005 Trailblazer EXT LT V8 Lifted
Build Thread
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
HawkeyeC25
Trail-Blazer

Name: Craig
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"