Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

New from Upstate NY

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by NYNolan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:52 am

Hey guys, my name is Nolan and I just picked up my 2008 Trailblazer LT about a month ago. I got it as my daily driver and told myself I wouldn't mod it, but here we are. I'm not planning on making it an "Expedition Rated Build", but I would like to do enough to it so I could hit some simple trails and also not worry about getting stuck in a Nor'easter in the winter. First thing I plan on doing is a slight suspension overhaul/lift. I've been doing my research (maybe too much...) and have come up with a list of parts that I'm looking to install or replace:

- Liftmeister 3" lift
- 1.5" adapters
- Upper & lower ball joints (moog)
- Upper control arms, if I'm swapping/flipping them, might as well get new ones with new bushings (moog or mevotech)
- Front springs (moog 81114)
- Front shocks (bilstein HD)
- CV axles (Detroit or cardone, idk if there's a big difference) Hose clamps for these as well.
- Rear shocks (BDS)
- Rear springs (moog 81049)

I think that's it for now. Wheels and tires I'm still trying to decide. There's some other cosmetic stuff I want to take care of too but that can wait.
If you guys have any comments or suggestions about my parts list, please let me know.
And now, some pics!

NYNolan

Name: Nolan
Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by DirtyBacon04 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:57 am

First off, welcome. Secondly, Thank you.
I'm excited to see a new member do some actual research before posting, and I can tell that you did.
Your suspension plans are pretty thorough and solid. I am a tad curious why adapters are on that list, though. If you're not gonna do wheels and tires right away, no sense in getting the adapters now. I'm sure in your readings you discovered our 6x5 bolt pattern and why we get 1.5" thick adapters to 6x5.5?
I drove around for several months with all the suspension lift and stock rims and tires. Looks a little goofy, but not bad. Also consider ditching the running boards ;)
BTW, I really like that old Impala. Early 90s, is my guess. Great condition for a nearly 30 year old car.
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
Current Count of Transmission Rebuilds: 5.5
***The more you know, the less you need.***
USMC '07-'12
Dirty Bacon's Build
DirtyBacon04

Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by NYNolan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:36 am

Thanks man! Any new car I get, first stop is the forums to gather as much common info as possible so that I'm not asking dumb questions. No one wants to be that guy.
As far as the adapters, I actually meant spacers. I can deal with the stock wheels and tires for a bit, but can't deal with them all sunken in the wheel well haha. The wheels I'm looking at are 6x5.5 so I will need adapters then, that's why that was stuck in my head. And the running boards are coming off ASAP, I can't stand those things.
And that 96 Impala is my baby, well second to my actual newborn baby girl... It's got about 67K miles, less than my TB and pretty much no rust. The mod TO DO list for that thing is a little more extensive, that's the real project car.
NYNolan

Name: Nolan
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"