Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Hello from Dallas

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by melliott2112 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Hello,

My name is Michael and I live in the middle of Dallas/Ft Worth and have a place up by Talihina, OK. My daily driver for the last three years has been a Mazda 3 and I quickly realized my first trip to Northern New Mexico that it was ill equipped to go on the Forest Service roads. After test driving many different vehicles I decided on the TB back in December to be my new mountain/camping vehicle. Reading some of the build threads on here helped me make that decision. I don't plan on anything extreme and the only upgrade so far is 2" spacers and 255/70/17 General AT2s. My goal is to move up to 33" tires and outfit it for weekend excursions in the mountains or the lake while still maintaining it as a daily driver around town. I appreciate all the hard work you guys that been around has done so that I can advance my build easier.

thanks,

Michael
melliott2112

Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Trail X » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:52 pm

Glad to have you. Post some pictures of your adventures.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by DirtyBacon04 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:14 pm

Howdy, pardner. Yee-haw, and cock-a-doodle-do (establish rapport by communicating in a familiar way... check)
I like your plans of mild lift with 33s. Best tip I can give is since you're keeping this your daily driver, need to find out your gear ratio. (RPO codes located on the inside of your glove box door. GU6=3.42 GT4=3.73 and GT5=4.10)
If you have 3.42 and want to run 33" tires, I recommend at MINIMUM you install an auxiliary xmsn cooler. 3.42 pushing 33"s is going to heat that baby up quite a bit. Best bet otherwise is to change gear ratio to 4.10 or downsize tire to 32".
Ideal set up (to me) and what I have installed is:
33" tires
4.10 gears
Aux xmsn cooler
Xmsn fluid thermostat.

Good luck and get some daggum pictures up!
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
Current Count of Transmission Rebuilds: 5.5
***The more you know, the less you need.***
USMC '07-'12
Dirty Bacon's Build
DirtyBacon04

Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"