Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Hello everybody

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by cpyonker » Wed May 17, 2017 9:27 pm

Hello Everybody

I just wanted to introduce myself to you all and give you a little backstory on me. My name is Caleb, I am 14 years old almost 15. I live in the southern peninsula of Michigan and am very interested in everything mechanical, especially something with both front and rear driveshafts.
I used to try be like the cool kids and play computer games all day long if I could. When I was 12 I went to a camp in Michigan's UP. This got me interested in fishing, which led too hunting. In the spring of 2016 I discovered mudding on the YouTube looking up things for my RC scale truck and thought off-roading was really cool though I still didn't have much interest in the mechanical side of the sport. In the summer of 2016 when I came home from camp my dad had his Trailblazer in the garage because he was doing minor upkeep and wanted to show me how he had reorganized the garage and I ended up helping him work on his truck. One thing led to another and we ended up replacing the engine after we found a cracked cylinder-head (the engine had over 200,000 miles on it). Needless to say I was hooked on working on cars. Pretty soon I found a cheap 3 inch front 2 1/2 inch rear leveling kit and asked my dad about it. He said if I bought it we could install it. I haven't purchased it yet even though it has been almost a year. In that time we have explored a few two-tracks with it and it has done great.
I am not sure if I want too purchase a Trailblazer for my first car but I have been lurking on here without joining for a long time and am super excited to have finally joined. The reason my vehicle says other is because I don't know what I will end up buying...all I know is it will be a Chevy 4x4.

P.S. I am not in anyway good with technology so I may ask stupid questions regarding how to perform certain tasks on OffroadTB

Caleb
Last edited by cpyonker on Wed May 17, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cpyonker
Trail-Blazer

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by cpyonker » Wed May 17, 2017 9:34 pm

I also want to say that build inspirations as far as Trailblazers go I really like HARDTRAILZ and Regulators build
cpyonker
Trail-Blazer

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: Other
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu May 25, 2017 2:50 pm

Welcome. Keep reading and learning! Develop the mechanical skills early and it will pay off hugely later. Good Luck!
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by galio839 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:09 am

Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay here! Cheers!
galio839
Cruiser

Name: George Smith
Vehicle Year: 2002
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"